Animal rescue means giving every healthy and treatable pet a second chance - from babies to seniors with disabilities, treatable illnesses and special needs. Here’s a selection of five adorable pets available for adoption right now who aren’t letting their short falls get in the way of loving life, playing games and searching for a special human to love.
1. This adorable lady whose deafness hasn’t dulled her sense of mischief
Sorbet (Dog Rescue Newcastle)
"I'm a self confessed clutz - but my foster mummy says that I'm the cutest and most adorable clutz in the whole of NSW which she says is quite a title."
2. This handsome guy who can still bust a move on three legs
Tripod (Starting Over Dog Rescue)
"I might have three legs but I can keep up with the best of them and stairs aren't a problem!"
3. This sweet Staffy who isn’t going to let a sore back slow him down
Squeaky (Staffy & Bully Breed Rescue)
"Hi, I'm Squeaky! I'm looking for quiet home with a family who are patient and can give me the extra TLC I deserve"
4. This cutie that wants to show spondylosis who’s boss
Lolly (Chihuahua Rescue Queensland)
"My back might be a little sore, but I don't let it get me down. I just love being around people and spending all my time at your side."
5. This partially-deaf guy who's always on the lookout for fun and games
Lucky (Animal Welfare League of NSW)
"I might be partially-deaf, but I'm super clever! I'm mastering hand signals at a really quick rate, and would love to show you all the commands I've learnt. Sit, stay, wait - you name it!"