Last updated: 22 Jul, 2019
Published on: 21 May, 2018
The donation that broke the records, and the scales!
The May 2018 food donation was the biggest and bestest yet, with more food delivered and more hub stores reached than ever before.
Here’s the numbers for the May 2018 food donation:
- $1.3 million worth of quality pet food distributed to PetRescue member groups.
- This food donation weighed in at a whopping 118,000kgs.
- 256 member rescue organisations received these donations.
- The food was trucked to a record 30 PETstock hub stores - the widest reach of a food donation yet.
- The food donated is enough to feed 8,649 pets - that’s most of the pets on the PetRescue website!
We owe a massive thank you to Mars Petcare and PETstock, to all the wonderful volunteers who spent their Saturday lugging bags of chow to help feed pets in need, and shout-out to our very own Project & Partnerships Manager Tarsha who spent weeks buried in spreadsheets working out the logistics of this massive operation!
The PetRescue, Mars Petcare and PETstock food donation program took two years of pitching to get it up and running, and now we’re incredibly proud to help deliver this program which has seen more than $5.3 million worth of food donated to member rescue organisations over the past two years.
We are still collating happy snaps from the big day, and we know your arms are probably pretty tired from the record haul of free food. But, if you haven’t already, it would be hugely appreciated if you could take a photo of your freebies and share on social media, using the hashtag #freefoodforrescue and tagging PetRescue, PETstock and Mars Petcare on Facebook.
Keep an eye on your emails and the Members home page for announcements on the next food donation round!
Photos thanks to: Inner City Strays, Siberian Husky and Alaskan Malamute Rescue of Queensland Inc (SHAMROQ), Border Small Animal Rescue and Horsham People For Animal Welfare And Support.