Free flights for rescue pets
We are super pleased to welcome aboard Virgin Cargo to the PetRescue and Jetpets interstate adoption program, proving once again that distance is no barrier to happiness.
Our free flights program has saved the lives of hundreds of rescue pets over the years but had recently been in jeopardy. That is, until the team at Virgin Cargo stepped up to partner with JetPets and allow us to continue to extend a lifeline to pets in need.
Perhaps you have a long-termer who’s only suitable adoption interest has come from interstate. Maybe it’s a pet at risk who needs access to specialist treatment in a different city. Or maybe you’re exploring opportunities with like-minded groups in different states to move pets from places of low demand to places of higher demand.
It's unusual for us to turn down any application, however there is a limit to flights available and the recent media coverage has increased the popularity of the program!
If we receive more flight requests than available flights we prioritise by urgency, need and expense, ie:
- Urgency: eg: A pound pet on a deadline, medical emergency, removing a pet from a dangerous situation, BSL etc.
- Expense: eg: A large dog who is struggling to find a home locally. Pets flying across country (long distance) or when the cost of a flight would prohibit the adoption.
- Need: Flying to a specialist rescue or home.
Lower Priority (but will still receive a flight if available)
- Pets that are small and flying a short distance to a new home (adopter could pay)
- Pets that have not been listed for adoption (haven't tried to find a local home)
- Pets that are super popular and adopters will be willing to pay (eg: anything ‘oodle!)
Need more information? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our impact in the last 12 months...
flights awarded to relocate rescue pets in need