8 Ways to boost your search on PetRescue
1. Set up a free PetRescue account and you’ll be able to create a favourites list and request alerts to boost your search. Click the 'Sign Up' link in the top right corner of our home page.
2. Create a favourites list so you can keep track of all the furry faces that melt your heart. Simply sign in to the PetRescue website and, when you start your search, click the ‘Favourite’ (heart) button to add pets to your list.
3. Set up pet email alerts so we can let you know when a new pet is listed that matches your search criteria. Once you have created a free account, sign in and select ‘Alerts’ from the side-bar menu (top left of the home page), add your pet preferences to the form and hit ‘Create Alert’.
4. Share pets with your family and friends via email or social media by using the share buttons under each pet's profile photo. You can email, post to Facebook, or Tweet.
5. Foster and help a rescue pet in need. Fostering is one of the most amazing things you can do to help rescue pets in your community and it gives you the chance to find a perfect match for your family too. Find out more about what it means to be a foster carer. You can also select ‘Pets looking for foster care’ in the advanced pet search section.
6. Widen your search for your new best friend to other states by selecting ‘Include pets available for interstate adoption’ in the advanced search section.
7. Find twice the love! Select the ‘Pets looking for a home together’ option in the advanced search and your results will display all the brothers, sisters and besties out there who would just love to find a forever home together and complete your family.
8. Stay up to date on all things rescue by subscribing to the free PetRescue Post. We’ll share our latest wins for rescue pets (and what we're working on), as well as feature pets, heart-warming adoption stories, easy ways you can advocate for rescue pets, myth busting articles and some just-for-fun stuff too. Subscribe now.