Time to embrace the silly season and bust out the tinsel! Here’s our top tips for boosting adoptions in the lead-up to Christmas.
- Add some festive fun to pet profile pics and videos. Pets with cute Christmas props are sure to turn heads and capture hearts. Cats playing with baubles? Adorable. Dogs decked out in daggy Christmas sweaters? Festive and fabulous - providing the dog is happy in canine couture of course. And don’t forget the tinsel!
- Have yourself a very meme-y Christmas! Memes are a fun and effective way to spread Christmas cheer and to engage with pet seekers via social media. If you’re not tech-minded, find yourself a savvy volunteer to create some meme magic. Check out this great Animal Sheltering article for the how-to.
- Spruce up your adoption application form in line with the latest research showing that less is more. A simple application form and a conversation-based approach is like a welcome mat for potential adopters. Read about the research here.
- Don’t shy away from adoptions over the holiday period - Christmas can be the best time to adopt a new pet! Check out the ASPCA’s research on pets as gifts.
- Finally, have some fun choosing festive names for the pets in your care - or get your supporters in on the festivities to offer their suggestions. Who could resist Holly, Frosty, Ivy, Mittens, Nutmeg or Pudding this Christmas?