Available for interstate adoption
Bottomless love to give
Medium Female Dingo Dog
- Rescue group:
- Sydney Fox Rescue
- PetRescue ID:
- Goulburn DC, NSW
"Hi my name is Bam-bam and I'm looking for a fresh start with the perfect family. I am the most beautiful, affectionate, trusting little lady and still have boundless energy and love to give despite my age (5 years old). I love kids and other dogs and would make a great family dog- providing hours of entertainment with my playful antics and then enjoying a cuddle on the couch or a tummy rub.
Before coming to the shelter my life was a sad one, I weighed just 6kg (I'm now 16kg) and had been bred continuously for profit for most of my life. But despite this rocky beginning I still have an intense love of people and desire to nurture and love. I'm ready to start over and re-live the puppyhood I missed out on, now all I need is the right family to make that happen.
I am still learning about walking on lead and my new family will need to work on my excitement levels when I go for walks as I tend to pull, but the rescue has a great trainer and a special front clip harness to help with this. I already know how to sit and I love my food so learning more commands should be a breeze.
I am not suitable for a home with cats, livestock or pocket pets unless we can be kept separately as I love to run and chase and get a bit too excited. "
Like most dingoes Bam is a fantastic climber and digger, and will require either:
- a dog enclosure
- a secure 1.8 m fence with top angling or flat-top extensions (http://www.dog-blog-world.com/dog-fence/)
- a 2.2m secure colourbond or paling fence
Sydney Fox and Dingo Rescue are able to provide dingo proofing for your existing yard for between $200-500 depending on the size of the yard. We can also provide and install 6m x 6m dingo enclosures for $500.
Please note SFR do not rehome dingoes to homes without a dog enclosure or modified dog fence like the one described above.
PERMITS- no permit is required to own a dingo or dingo hybrid in NSW at the present time.
Please note at this time pending legal advice we are unable to offer fox kit adoption to private owners.
1. Send an email inquiry with your name and contact details outlining your current living situation, pets and family members and anything else you think might be relevant, particularly what your house and yard are like. Remember our dingoes typically require an enclosure or modified fencing.
2. We will email you back adoption information and an application form to fill out and return to us.
3. If your application is approved- Come along to meet us and our dingoes at our Camden shelter or their foster carers home and let us find the right furry family member for you.
4. Before you can pick up your new dingo you will also need to under a house/yard check and pay your adoption fee. No animals are rehomed unless their adoption fee is paid in full and a yard check has been completed.