Rehome your pet via PetRescue
PetRescue understands that the decision to find a new home for your beloved pet is a difficult one. There are many emotions involved for both the family and the pet. The Home2Home program is for people like yourself, who care dearly about their pet but, for circumstances out of your control, must find a new home for them.
What is Home2Home?
Home2Home is a supportive and non-judgemental program that provides you with the tools and support needed to rehome your pet from home. Home2Home provides peace of mind knowing your pet is safe at home with you whilst undertaking the adoption process.
The dedicated team will help you list your pet on PetRescue and provide one-on-one assistance to find a loving new home for them. Your pets listing on PetRescue gives them the chance to be seen by 30,000 potential adopters that visit PetRescue.com.au daily. And by using PetRescue’s listing management tools, you’ll be able to converse with potential adopters, arrange meet-and-greets, and select the perfect human/family for your pet.
How can Home2Home help you and your pet?
- Your pet is happy and safe in the comfort of their own home while you look for a loving new home.
- As you know your pet best, you will be able to share all the fantastic things about them (both visually and in writing) when creating their pet listing with our team.
- You are in control of the adoption process, which means you can find the perfect match for your pet.
- You are able to speak with potential adopters directly as well as organise meet-and-greets.
- You will receive rehoming assistance from our qualified support team, including guidance on adopter enquiries, how to’s on conducting meet-and-greets, a formal adoption contract to make it official and post-adoption support for your pet’s new family.
"We tried for so long to find homes for our cats and did not want to surrender them to a shelter. The Home2Home service was just what we needed and I was surprised how many people got in contact. Made it very easy to find loving homes. It was fantastic to be able to advertise to so many people but still get to choose who the cats went to and they could stay with us during the process.” - Jodie
Peace of mind
PetRescue.com.au has been the first connection for more than half a million rescue pets and their new families since 2004.
For pet owners and pets. You are in control of choosing your pets new family, and have peace of mind knowing that they’re safe with you throughout the adoption process. A dedicated, qualified team will support you every step of the way and offer follow up support for adopters.
Conversations between pet owners and potential adopters are sent securely within the PetRescue platform, with data protection at the forefront of what PetRescue does.
Is your pet eligible for Home2Home?
How it works
1. Complete the Home2Home Application Form
- Help us get to know you, your pet and your situation.
- Include as much information as you can - the more we know, the better we can assist!
- A Home2Home team member will get in touch with you to discuss whether the program is a good fit.
2. Supply your pet’s paperwork
- Some documents are required as proof to cover any legal requirements when listing a pet for adoption (eg: microchip certificate).
- Provide vet history and relevant documents. Health concerns don’t need to rule a pet out - we just want to be upfront with potential adopters.
3. Pay the program fee
We ask owners using Home2Home for a program fee to continue to support people and pets in need.
How does the program fee help?
- By providing financial support to pets requiring additional assistance through the Pet-by-Pet fund.
- By supporting PetRescue’s life-saving programs, including Home2Home. You can find out more about these programs, here.
- By supporting Home2Home Partners when they refer a pet owner to the program.
4. Your pet’s listing is created
- Tell us all about your pet’s personality.
- Send us the best photos of your pet. Check out some tips and tricks to snap a great photo, here.
- The Home2Home team will put together a profile.
5. Engage in conversations with potential adopters
- You know your pet best, so are the best person to respond to enquiries from potential adopters.
- Adoption enquiries will come directly to your email inbox.
- Find tips for speaking with and meeting potential adopters, here.
6. Arrange meet-and-greets with potential adopter/s
- A face-to-face meeting is a great opportunity for potential adopters to interact with your pet.
- It’s also a good chance for your pet to meet any pets they’ll be sharing their new home with.
- Take a look at some tips for setting up a meet-and-greet, here.
7. Finalise the adoption
- Let us know once you’ve found the best new family for your pet.
- The adopter will pay the adoption fee*.
- You and the adopter will sign an adoption contract.
- You’ll arrange a time for your pet to move into their new home. *Why is there an adoption fee? PetRescue collects an adoption fee for every pet that is rehomed via Home2Home. This payment assists with running PetRescue’s life-saving programs, including Home2Home. Find out more about these programs, here.
Looking for help to keep your pet?
We'd love to help you and your pet stay together. Here, you'll find some great advice and resources we've gathered based on the most common enquiries received by the PetRescue Help Desk, so you can make the best decision for your pet.Read more