Available for interstate adoption
Shayde, Onyx & Cider
Heathy and lively
- Rescue group:
- Sugarshine Feminist Animal Rescue Mission
- PetRescue ID:
- New South Wales
Shayde, Onyx and Cider are three strong, robust, healthy and lively hens that are approximately 1 year old. All three of them have been rescued from being dumped/abandoned, and would absolutely love to have a forever home so they can live out the rest of their life safely with plenty of food and never have to worry about being dumped in the bush again. They are fairly independent and inquisitive hens, and would get along with other hens or roosters well, but the three of them together would also be fine with no additional chickens. They are medium sized hens and are fully grown.
These hens are located in Lismore, north east NSW.
- Chickens must only go to homes in which they will never be killed, and will never be bred (this means that eggs must be collected daily if a rooster is present).
- Chickens must be adequately cared for and taken to the vet if they are injured or sick.
- Chickens must be put away in a predator proof enclosure/coop at night, and then have a safe place to roam during the day.
- Chickens must not be given away to anyone else; if you are no longer able to care for them you can return them to us at any time and we will happily care for them until they can find another home.
- Chickens must not live alone; if you don't already have chickens you will need to adopt more than one.
- Transport can be arranged within some areas of NSW and QLD, so please ask us if you're unsure.
- If appropriate, a home visit will be conducted before the chickens are delivered/picked up, to ensure that their area/enclosure is adequate and predator proof.
Please contact us to obtain an adoption application, or for any questions/more information.