Available for interstate adoption
Besty & Henry
Looking for love
- Rescue group:
- Sugarshine Feminist Animal Rescue Mission
- PetRescue ID:
- New South Wales
Henry and Besty are a bonded pair of hens who spend most of their days together scratching around the dirt, looking for food, and having dust baths. Besty is more assertive and sassy, and absolutely loves hanging around people if they're sitting outside, and will even sit and listen to someone playing guitar! Henry is very sweet and a bit quieter, but absolutely loves food and you will often hear her little feet thumping against the ground as she follows you around hoping for more treats.
These two would absolutely love to find a safe, peaceful home together, preferably with some other hens and maybe a rooster or two (although not necessary!). Their exact age is unknown but they are adults and approximately 2-3 years old. They are medium sized hens, with Henry being slightly smaller than Besty.
These hens are located in Lismore, north east NSW.
- Chickens must only go to homes in which they will never be killed, and will never be bred (this means that eggs must be collected daily if a rooster is present).
- Chickens must be adequately cared for and taken to the vet if they are injured or sick.
- Chickens must be put away in a predator proof enclosure/coop at night, and then have a safe place to roam during the day.
- Chickens must not be given away to anyone else; if you are no longer able to care for them you can return them to us at any time and we will happily care for them until they can find another home.
- Chickens must not live alone; if you don't already have chickens you will need to adopt more than one.
- Transport can be arranged within some areas of NSW and QLD, so please ask us if you're unsure.
- If appropriate, a home visit will be conducted before the chickens are delivered/picked up, to ensure that their area/enclosure is adequate and predator proof.
Please contact us to obtain an adoption application, or for any questions/more information.