Not available for interstate adoption
Female Domestic Short Hair Cat
- Rescue group:
- Butterfly Wings Animal Rescue
- PetRescue ID:
- New South Wales
My name is Olivia although my foster mum calls me Livvy.
My foster mum says I've come along way since she took me in all them years ago. Nearly 4 years ago I was found with my brother Jude, we were just babies at 6 weeks old. Jude found his family almost straight away.
You see I was very scared when mum 1st started looking after me but she has shown me that I don't need to be fearful all the time.
I still find it hard to be confident around strangers and need time to feel comfortable with you but if your patient with me it wont take long before I am calling out for your affection and wanting to show mine.
Mum says I'm ready to go to my forever home now so I'm hoping that someone out there is prepared to give me a chance to prove my love to them .
I would be happiest in a home with older children who will understand my fears and give me the patience I need to feel confident. I would love a companion cat and get along well with dogs too. Mum has always kept me safe indoors with access to an outdoor enclosure and we would really like a home where I could continue to be indoors.
I've had all my vet work done and have tested negative to FeLV and FIV.
Located in Mt Druitt
For inquiries or to apply to adopt please call or text Sue-Anne on the phone number provided
none to list
Our adoption process consists of:
1. Contact us via email or phone for more information on the cat your are interested in.
2. Head to our website www.butterflywingsanimalrescue.org and fill out our adoption application. When submitted it will be sent to us to review.
3. Once we have reviewed your application, we will contact you and let you know if you are successful or not. Remember, we may say you are unsuccessful for that particular cat as it may not be suited to your home, in which case we will suggest others that may interest you.
4. If successful, a meet will be organised between you, your family and the cat.
5. If the meet is successful we can go one of two ways:
All remaining vetwork will be done and a time will be organised to bring the cat to you. A holding fee of 50% will be required. Upon drop off a adoption agreement and Change of Ownership will be filled out by yourself and the remaining adoption fee will be collected.
If all vetwork is already completed you can take the cat home at the time of the meet, the adoption agreement will need to be filled out and the entire adoption fee will be collected. We will then organise a time to come out to your house to visit the cat and to finish finalising all paperwork.
There is a 2-4 week trial period with all our adoptions. This is to give the cat time to settle in and show its true personality to its new family. It also gives you a chance to see if the cat is really what you are after. If the trial is unsuccessful, we will pick up the cat and issue a full refund. If the trial is successful we will finalise the adoption according to point 5.
DONATIONS can be made to
Butterfly Wings Animal Rescue
Acc no: 279492347
BSB : 012 492
Al donations over $2 are tax deductible.