Terms and conditions of entry
Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry.
All entries are via the dedicated submission form only.
The invitation to submit a strory is open to all residents of Australia who are 18 years and older.
Participants enter by adding their details and story to the It Happened Off the Leash entry form online.
By entering your story, participants authorise to be subscribed to PetRescue’s online database.
Participants may enter as many stories as they like. No scripting is allowed for online entries (which will be deemed invalid).
Entries will close at 11.59pm AEST on Monday 4th April.
Story entry dates
Story entry commences on Friday 18th March at 8am AEST and concludes on Monday 4th April at 11.59pm AEST (the promotional period).
Entries received 18th March 2016 – 4th April 2016.
Authors of the selected stories will be notified by email.
By entering your story, you consent to your personal information and photo being collected and used by Affirm Press and PetRescue for any promotional activities without further reference, payment or other compensation.
The entry time may fluctuate due to unforeseen web upload and download times. Although the entry form may be visible earlier and later than the specified times, only entries submitted within the timeframes above will be honoured.
To be considered for publication, your story must be:
- A true story (no fictional pieces)
- No more than 400 words
- A dog story - adopted or other (no other types of pets)
- Your original work
- Given permission to submit if your story is about someone else’s dog
- Written avoiding details that could cause distress - no rescue stories featuring abuse, cruelty or neglect.
- Submitted with a good quality image of your dog (jpeg file no smaller than 1MB)
- Submitted with your name, email address and phone number
- Submitted before 12pm AEST on Monday 4th April (the online form will be closed thereafter)
- Submitted only via the link provided below (email, social media or postal submissions will discarded)
The winner must nominate a PetRescue member listed rescue group or shelter as their prefered recipient of the $250 PETstock gift card.
This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining which stories are published. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon individual creative merit. All entries must be an independent creation by the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries must not have been published previously.
The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Entries that are deemed to be inaudible, incomprehensible, unable to be viewed, or deemed to be offensive or illegal by PetRescue will also be ineligible. Entries not completed in accordance with the Conditions of Entry, or received after close of entry, will be deemed invalid. Incomplete or inaudible entries will be disregarded.
PetRescue does not now, nor will ever sell or rent any personal information that you share with PetRescue and affiliate sponsors or partners.
PetRescue may use the information that you provide to send updates, news, and other information regarding PetRescue.
PetRescue and their associated agencies and companies will take no responsibility for email transmission issues which may delay or obstruct notification.
PetRescue and their associated agencies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
If, for any reason, this event is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of PetRescue which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, PetRescue reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the event. Should PetRescue be unable to proceed with the event, the relevant state legislative authorities will be consulted in advance. No changes to the terms and conditions will be made without first consulting the relevant regulatory authorities.
PetRescue and their associated agencies, companies and contractors will not be liable for any misadventure, loss or claim that may occur:
- as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected email;
- due to the broadcast of any program relating to the competition or the publication of any material, including any statements made by any compere, staff member, journalist, other entrants or any other person;
- in relation to failure of an email entry message to be received by PetRescue on account of technical problems or traffic congestion;
- Arising from or related to any problem or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines or mobile communications network related to or resulting from participation in this promotion.
The Promoters is:
ACN 123 057 536
118 Parry Street, Perth, WA 6000