Dandy Cat Rescue is a small cooperative of foster carers who take in kittens and cats, when possible from the streets of the City of Greater Dandenong.
We’re small by choice – this enables us to devote quality time to nurturing and socialising each of our little miracles. Not only do we give our kitties the best possible start in life through good diet, and provide a safe and clean environment in our homes as well as giving them plenty of attentive human interaction and play, we also give our cats and kittens a voice when they have none.
So who are we? Dandy Cat Rescue (ABN 49229975132) is a cooperative of foster carers who have been with other rescue groups. We have pooled our vast, collective knowledge and experiences to create a rescue collective that puts the cats and kittens first. We’re animal lovers who share a singular vision to open our hearts and our homes to kitties in need.
We are passionate about finding precisely the right home for our cats and kittens, about making matches that will last and about educating the community on the benefits of desexing to enable better cat population control in the Greater Dandenong suburbs.
With our focus on the health and wellbeing of our felines at the forefront of everything we do, we believe that the adoption process is much more than signing a form. It’s about creating relationships that help you and your new kitty enjoy a happy and harmonious pairing, generating a lifetime of happy memories. We’re on hand to offer our advice and expert guidance along the journey, and we just love it when our adopters update us on their kitty’s progress.
When you adopt from Dandy Cat Rescue you get a cat or kitten who has been desexed, microchipped, vaccinated, wormed and flea treated. We’ve done all that work for you. But we also offer more – we can tell you in detail about the kitten or cat’s personality because we’ve lived with them and loved them as our own. We can share all their kitty quirks and special abilities because we understand them.
As we are a boutique volunteer-run collective, we ask that you please understand we may take a little time to get back to you so we ask for your patience during this time. We value our ongoing service to our adopters and would very much appreciate you joining our social media family at:
HOW TO ADOPT FROM US:
1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and request an adoption form to be sent to you, fill it out and return it to us. We’ll be in touch!
2. Call us on 0413 938 250 for more information about your kitty of choice.
3. If your application is successful, we’ll make arrangements for you to visit our cats and kittens at our foster carer’s home
4. If your adoption is successful we ask that you pay the nominated fee to us in cash either at the adoption day or at the home visit. We do not accept eftpos, credit or debit card transactions or online banking transfers at this stage.
5. You will be provided with a folder of paperwork for your new kitty which will include a Central Animal Records Change of Ownership form that must be completed and paid by you ($15 fee applies) no later than four weeks after the adoption.