Melbourne Animal Rescue Inc. ('MAR') rescues and re-homes dogs and cats who are no longer wanted, or are on death row at Victorian pounds. We do this via our dedicated network of foster carers. We are a No Kill foster care network, and a registered charity.
The volunteers of MAR work full-time day jobs and run MAR in their spare time.
FOSTER CARERS NEEDED FOR MELBOURNE ANIMAL RESCUE INC!
Foster carers are not required to pay for any veterinary costs (inc worming/flea treatment) however covering worming/flea treatments if possible is greatly appreciated. Please visit our website for an application to foster! www.melbourneanimalrescue.org.au
Before going to their new homes, all MAR animals are:
- desexed, vaccinated and microchipped;
- temperament tested;
- treated for fleas, worms and heartworm; and
- treated for known health issues and conditions.
CAT ADOPTION PROCESS:
1. Application Form to be completed ( http://www.melbourneanimalrescue.org.au/index.php/adoption/cats/cat-adoption-application ), including any questions you have
2. Melbourne Animal Rescue Inc. reviews and contacts SUCCESSFUL applicants within approx 3 days
3. Meet and Greet with the cat/kitten in it's foster home is arranged at a convenient time for both the foster carer and potential adopter
4. Adoption Agreement is signed, Change of Ownership form is completed, and Adoption Fee is paid in cash (unless pick up is occurring another day, then a direct deposit can be arranged). This usually happens at the same time as the Meet and Greet if the potential adopter wishes, though this is dependent on how the Meet and Greet goes. A cat carrier is required to ensure cats/kittens get to their new home safely.
5. Adoption Pack is mailed after the 14 day trial period
Our fact sheets on caring for your new cat/kitten are online;
* Cat Care: http://melbourneanimalrescue.org.au/index.php/adoption/fact-sheets/fact-sheet-cat-care
* Kitten Proofing Your Home: http://melbourneanimalrescue.org.au/index.php/adoption/fact-sheets/fact-sheet-kitten-proofing-your-home
* Introducing a New Cat to Your Home: http://melbourneanimalrescue.org.au/index.php/adoption/fact-sheets/fact-sheet-introducing-a-new-cat-to-your-home
* Indoor Cat vs. Outdoor Cat: http://melbourneanimalrescue.org.au/index.php/adoption/fact-sheets/fact-sheet-indoor-cat-vs-outdoor-cat
DOG ADOPTION PROCESS:
1. Application Form completed -
Including any questions you have and as much information about your lifestyle and existing pets as possible.
2. Melbourne Animal Rescue Inc. reviews and contacts SUCCESSFUL applicants within approx 3-5 days
3. Meet and Greet and yard check with the dog/puppy is arranged at a convenient time for both the MAR representative/foster carer and potential adopter, including introductions to existing animals and all members of the potential home. If there are no issues, the dog/puppy is potentially able to stay at the home for a two week trial period once Adoption Agreement is signed and Adoption Fee is paid (refundable within the 2 week trial period if the adoption is not successful)
4. All relevant paperwork and medical information including desexing certificates, vaccinations certificates and microchip change of ownership form are supplied after the 2 week trial period.