Another successful adoption - amazing work Cat People of Melbourne!
Your pets have been marked as adopted
More successful adoptions - amazing work Cat People of Melbourne!
Would you like to let the other enquirers know these pets have been adopted? We’ll send them a message and refer them back to your other available listings on PetRescue to continue their search.
Preview this message.
Let the other enquirers know this pet has been adopted
Great! Who adopted this pet?
Great! Who adopted these pets?
Another successful adoption - amazing work, Cat People of Melbourne!
More successful adoptions - amazing work, Cat People of Melbourne!
Your pet has been marked as on hold
Your pets have been marked as on hold
Would you like to let the other enquirers know these pets have put on hold? We’ll send them a message and refer them back to your other available listings on PetRescue to continue their search.
Preview and edit this message.
Prince Floof... once king of the hood, now king of our hearts. From the fliffy bits of his ridiculously large ears to the tip of his commandly waved floofy black tail, this ex-street cat is ready to move in to his furrever home.
Prince Floof likes:
- Food. His food. Your food. Your food is his food and little morsels from your meals are very much appreciated. He will sit near you and look hopeful until you give up and give him a bit, even if he's eaten all his dinner!
Pats, scritches, strokes and other forms of tactile affection. Yes please! He’ll sit next to you on the couch or wander up in bed and head butt you for any and all of the above.
- Grooming. Gentle grooming with a cat mit, or a brush is appreciated. Head rubs and chin scritches very good. Belly brushing BEWARE! Best to do this when he’s already permitting gentle belly pets. Because of Prince's dense medium fur, regular brushing is recommended.
- his little foster sister Sophie Fluff, she follows him everywhere abd sleeps with him.
Prince Floof does not like:
- Being picked up. But he tolerates it these days, being picked up and cuddled is permitted for a minute or two. Working on him having lap cuddles, he’s getting there!
Prince Floof tolerates:
- Other cats. Being an ex-street cat he's learned to get along with others to survive but he prefers females, he gets into scraps with other tomcats. That said, he wouldn't mind being an only cat and having all the attention, pats and food lavished on him.
- Dogs. He thinks they are capering idiots. Prince won't react to the dog, he'll simply grandly ignore it unless it's silly enough to invade his personal space... then he's not responsible for any bloodshed or yelps.
Prince Floof has absolutely no desire to ever be on the street again, and would make an ideal apartment cat. He's a good looking boy (especially now that his scars from fighting have healed up) and likes to lounge around in decorative cat yoga poses. If you're happy for low energy companion and love grooming, then Prince Floof is the perfect feline companion for you! This gorgeous big boy will gently saunter into your home and into a place in your heart. Submit an enquiry now!
Prince Floof is a healthy raw fed cat who has been wormed, flea treated, vaccinated, desexed and microchipped (microchip #956000014638596, source #RE101165). He is available for adoption right now! His adoption fee also includes his second vaccination and a scale & polish at one of our rescue vets.Please note: Cat People of Melbourne is run by volunteers. We try to respond to messages within 24 hours, we are online between 10am and 6pm every day. If you have not heard back after 24 hours, please text the Cat Phone on 0415-241-211 and a volunteer will follow up for you.
To adopt a cat from Cat People you'll be required to have a remote or in-person house check done, show photo ID & proof of address, and fill out & sign an adoption contract.
Cats from our group are all are vet checked, flea treated, wormed, vaccinated and desexed before being taken home by their adopters. Additionally, all of our cats have been evaluated for behavioural traits, fed a high-quality diet, and well socialised.
NOT NEGOTIABLE: all Cat People cats and kittens are indoor only/restrained to property and must be fed a high quality raw or prescription vet food (pouch or tinned).
We will communicate with you through every step of the adoption process to ensure that your experience (and the cat's) is excellent and that you are confident in your decision to adopt a feline companion. Returns are only accepted due to health issues confirmed by a veterinarian.
We only accept adoptions from people with residency in Australia. If you are on a work or student visa, talk to us about fostering with the group instead!