Another successful adoption - amazing work Mornington Peninsula Community Animal Shelter!
Your pets have been marked as adopted
More successful adoptions - amazing work Mornington Peninsula Community Animal Shelter!
Would you like to let the other enquirers know these pets have been adopted? We’ll send them a message and refer them back to your other available listings on PetRescue to continue their search.
Preview this message.
Let the other enquirers know this pet has been adopted
Great! Who adopted this pet?
Great! Who adopted these pets?
Another successful adoption - amazing work, Mornington Peninsula Community Animal Shelter!
More successful adoptions - amazing work, Mornington Peninsula Community Animal Shelter!
Your pet has been marked as on hold
Your pets have been marked as on hold
Would you like to let the other enquirers know these pets have put on hold? We’ll send them a message and refer them back to your other available listings on PetRescue to continue their search.
Preview and edit this message.
Mornington Peninsula Community Animal Shelter
My favourite place: in my cubby, playing the gold fish game on the laptop or mobile phone
Personality: I am a fur lady who loves nothing more than to be the centre of attention!
I am a busy bee who likes to know everything that’s going on around me.
Some may say that I have an independent disposition when it comes to choosing my fellow furry friends, but I like to think that I am a fur woman who knows what she wants.
I love having lunch with the shelter team, it’s the best part of my day.
Accolades: Expert bird watcher
Best Feature: My gorgeously colourful coat
My forever home: I would be happiest living in a settled household with a special spot for me to sit and bird/people watch. I am looking for a home filled with loving humans and no others cats as I would prefer to be the other furbaby in the house lapping up endless amounts of your love and attention!
1. Cats are impounded at the Pound/Shelter
2. During the first stage the friendly staff interact with the cats, clean their pens and assess them. They fill out daily observation charts. Feliway spray is used in the pens to help calm the cats, settle and prevent stress. Music is also used in their room. All our cats are fed a high quality diet and provided alternative foods for special requirements.
3. The shelter team will exhaust every available avenue in attempts to locate animal owners, including but not limited to:
o scanning for microchips and posting on the lost page of the Shire’s website.
o letters are sent to identified owners
o rangers attend properties where owners cannot be contacted.
o we network with the Lost Dogs Home, RSPCA and other council organisations to search their records for identified animals.
4. Identified potential owners are offered opportunities to view our impounded cats to confirm whether their pet is with us.
5. If the cat is not reunited after the eight day period and able to be rehomed, the cat will then go to the vet to be de-sexed, vaccinated, microchipped and FIV tested.
6. The cat will wait out their vaccination days in our quarantine room. Toys, blankets and music are used in conjunction with Feliway to help ease any stress felt. Our cats are always kept inside and to get used to being inside. Our caring and dedicated staff work hard to help this process by:
o providing daily exercise, playtime, quality healthy food and most importantly plenty of cuddles.
o our shelter team will spend a lot of time daily with the cats to help them learn how to trust and love people.
7. During this time, the shelter team assess each cat and get to know their personalities and needs. Then their adoption profiles are written up and advertised to the public.
8. All applicants go through a screening process to ensure our cats go to the right forever home. This will ensure people are not impulse buying a cat and it won’t end up returned.
9. All new adoptive owners are given educative material regarding responsible pet ownership and containment requirements.
10. On average, the Community Animal Shelter Team spend around 28 days preparing our cats for their new forever home.
This pet has been adopted and found love with its new family.
The rescue group has removed this pet and it is no longer available for adoption.
The rescue group is no longer taking adoption applications for this pet.