Not available for interstate adoption
Looking for love
Large Male American Bulldog x Irish Wolfhound Mix Dog
- Rescue group:
- Safe Haven Animal Rescue Inc
- PetRescue ID:
My name is Atlas! A name that was given to me for my courage and strength although I didn't have a great start to life. Despite my past I so eagerly want to love, please and wag my tail even though I'm really scared! Everyday I grow stronger and I'm coming out of my shell more and more. I'm going to blossom into one loyal, loving companion!
I'm so smart and have been doing great with all my training!
True to my wolfhound breed, I'm a family man! I love my people, and would be great with kids due to my calm, cuddly nature. I love to snuggle up with you, and follow you everywhere.
I'm great with other pets big or small and prefer to chill out. I would be happy with or without a fur sibling, as long as I'm a part of the family.
Please come and meet me, you'll be sure to fall in love with my bearded face and big heart!
Atlas will need to be placed with another dog of a similar size and of the opposite sex. Atlas is located in Battery Hill, QLD.
Cat Friendly: Untested - but shows no reaction to pocket pets
Dog Friendly: yes
Child Friendly: Yes
House trained: working on it and very close to mastering
Separation Anxiety: No
Indoor/outdoor dog? Both - loves to be indoors
Atlas will be desexed, vaccinated & microchipped.
To meet, adopt or find out more details on this animal, please fill in our adoption application at our website- http://www.safehavenanimalrescueinc.com
Completing this application form does not place you under any obligation to adopt.
Safe Haven Animal Rescue Inc have a 10 day trial/settling period, if for any reason the pet needs to be returned, we will happily take them back into our care once a foster home is found and the adoption fee minus $50 (admin fee) will be returned via bank transfer within 5 working days. If the pet is returned after the trial period there will be no refund made.
1. An Adoption application MUST be filled out prior to the meet and greet with the animal.
2. 'Meet & Greet' with the animal and their carer will then take place. You must bring your current dog along to the meet and greet if you are meeting another dog/puppy, this is to ensure they get along before commencing adoption. If meeting a cat we do not recommend brining your current dog/cat as this may stress the cat/kitten out.
3. The animal MUST not be taken on the day unless PRIOR ARRANGED (travelling over a 2 hr round trip), we will NOT ACCEPT the animal to be taken on the day if less then 2 days notice is given. If prior arrangement is made, an adoption agreement/s and payment must be made before collection of the animal.
4. 10 day trial period commences once the animal has been collected from foster carer.
5. Adoption is finalised after 14 days and paperwork is sent via email.
Sorry we can’t take calls, as our rescue is run entirely by volunteers, but we endeavour to respond to your email within 24 - 48 hours. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT HOLD ANY ANIMALS SO PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE READY TO ADOPT NOW