Not available for interstate adoption
LOVES a smooch
Female Domestic Short Hair Cat
- Rescue group:
- Grounded Paws Animal Rescue
- PetRescue ID:
Mika is such a smooch lady. She absolutely loves hers on her head and ear and scratched just above her tail. She is very food oriented and loves treats too. And toys- she thinks she's like one of her kittens!
She came into our care with her 3 ginger kittens (all girls) from death row at the pound. The poor little family were so overwhelmed and weary their first few days. Mika was very watchful of her girls and would always be between me and them. She loves her kittens so much. Within 2 days she began to realise we were not there to take her kittens or hurt them. She walked right up to me and smooched!
From then onwards her trust and confidence grew day by day, as did her kittens. Her experience in the pound has definitely shaken her confidence with new places and people, but with encouragement and a bit of support she warms up quickly.
She got a super loud purr and is a total headbutter. I can just picture her laying in the window catching the afternoon sun. She's got an independent personality and would be more than suited to someone who worked.
A home without young kids would give Mika the best change to blossom.
Mika may adjust to a home with another friendly cat. She is currently not a fan of dogs, but she may adjust with a slow introduction.
LOCATED CLYDE NORTH
PLEASE FOLLOW ADOPTION PROCESS AND FILL IN APPLICATION FORM
Deserved, vaccinated, microchipped, parasite treated and vet checked
1. Enquiry about adoptive animal- we encourage questions and enquiries about the pet you are interested in. Our goal is to match pets a potential home as best we can.
2. Enquiry form- http://www.jotform.co/form/33211617798863
Please complete this with as much depth as possible. This gives us an insight into your home environment and if the pet may be the best suited to your home. This does not guarantee adoption of this pet nor does this oblige you to adopt the pet.
3. If further discussion is required one of our volunteers will get in contact with you via phone.
4. A meet and greet is organised with you and the pets foster carer. Allow at least 30 minutes for these meetings. PLEASE NOTE: These meetings are with the human family unfortunately pet family need to stay home- The 1 week trial period is for introductions.
*We encourage those invited for a meet and greet to bring along a carrier and adoption fee (cash only). If everything goes to plan you are permitted to complete the adoption and take the pet home on the day.
5. Every pet goes home on a 1 week trial period along with a 3 day health guarantee.