Not available for interstate adoption
Tara ~$99 Adoption Fee~
Looking for love
Medium Female Kelpie x Staffordshire Bull Terrier Mix Dog
- Rescue group:
- Safe Haven Animal Rescue Inc
- PetRescue ID:
Hi! I'm Tara, I am loving my life, where I am the centre of attention. I'm a typical pup, I love to play, especially with my rope toy. I love to play fetch with toys that squeak! I also love cuddling up to my foster carers when they get home from work in the afternoons. I spend my evenings curled up at their feet whilst they watch tv and give me lots of pats. I like being allowed all around the house when you are home so that I can follow you wherever you go or sleep wherever I feel comfortable. Currently I spend my days outside whilst my carers are at work but I don't mind. So long as I have a comfy place to lay my head and a big bowl of water, shade and some toys.
I'm a good guard dog as I will alert you when I think something is needing your attention. I am generally a quiet girl when all is normal at the house and am easily calmed when I get excited.
I'm still learning to walk properly on a lead; my carers take me for walks but I get distracted by other dogs (something I'm working on!) I am a good eater. I am learning to 'sit' and 'wait' for my dinner. I'm very patient whilst it's being prepared.
I don't mind some other dogs, I get along and play nice with the dogs I've been introduced to, but I look forward to more opportunities to socialise and calmly meet new friends! I would suit an only dog home where I can steal all the love and cuddles.
Tara is in foster care at Bracken Ridge, QLD.
Cat Friendly: No - no pocket pets recommended
Dog Friendly: Yes - gentle males recommended
Child Friendly: Yes - aged over 7 yrs recommended
House trained: Yes
Separation Anxiety: No
Indoor/outdoor dog? Both
Tara is desexed, vaccinated & microchipped.
To meet, adopt or find out more details on this animal, please fill in our adoption application at our website- http://www.safehavenanimalrescueinc.com
Completing this application form does not place you under any obligation to adopt.
Safe Haven Animal Rescue Inc have a 10 day trial/settling period, if for any reason the pet needs to be returned, we will happily take them back into our care once a foster home is found and the adoption fee minus $50 (admin fee) will be returned via bank transfer within 5 working days. If the pet is returned after the trial period there will be no refund made.
1. An Adoption application MUST be filled out prior to the meet and greet with the animal.
2. 'Meet & Greet' with the animal and their carer will then take place. You must bring your current dog along to the meet and greet if you are meeting another dog/puppy, this is to ensure they get along before commencing adoption. If meeting a cat we do not recommend brining your current dog/cat as this may stress the cat/kitten out.
3. The animal MUST not be taken on the day unless PRIOR ARRANGED (travelling over a 2 hr round trip), we will NOT ACCEPT the animal to be taken on the day if less then 2 days notice is given. If prior arrangement is made, an adoption agreement/s and payment must be made before collection of the animal.
4. 10 day trial period commences once the animal has been collected from foster carer.
5. Adoption is finalised after 14 days and paperwork is sent via email.
Sorry we can’t take calls, as our rescue is run entirely by volunteers, but we endeavour to respond to your email within 24 - 48 hours. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT HOLD ANY ANIMALS SO PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE READY TO ADOPT NOW