Not available for interstate adoption
Forrest **Foster Carer Required**
Looking for love
Large Male Irish Wolfhound Mix Dog
- Rescue group:
- Safe Haven Animal Rescue Inc
- PetRescue ID:
Hi! My name is Forrest.
I love to please and promise to get excited every time I see you (even if it’s just been 5 minutes). I LOVE cuddles from my humans and could curl up and cuddle with you all day long. I like to play all day with my foster siblings (two labradors) and would love a friendly dog to hang out with in my new home. I also love going for walks at doggy parks where i can roll around in the grass. I seem to love just about everything, that's just the kind of happy, easy going fella I am.
The lady at the Vet said I have Hip Dysplasia, though it’s so very mild, nothing needs to be done. It does not bother me at all. As you can see, I am a very good dancer and like to dance for my dinner. You can check me out here -> Forrest's dancing feet
Forest is a complete charmer, ready to wiggle his happy self into your arms for a pat and maybe a treat or two, you did bring some, didn't you ? He loves to cuddle with his humans so much he wraps his paws around your arm - it's incredibly cute. He has very good manners - he sits before coming inside, he sits before his meals and once inside he’s happy to curl up on his doggy bed with a toy all night. He is very friendly with other doggies, at the moment he lives with two female labradors and a male wolfhound.
If you want a well behaved lovable goofball then Forrest is definitely the dog for you!
Forrest is located at Worongary, QLD - which is next to Nerang at Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast.
Cat Friendly: Untested
Dog Friendly: Yes - *Forrest must be placed in a home with a doggy friend*
Child Friendly: Yes
House trained: Yes
Separation Anxiety: No
Indoor/outdoor dog? Both
Forrest is desexed, vaccinated & microchipped.
To meet, adopt or find out more details on this animal, please fill in our adoption application at our website- http://www.safehavenanimalrescueinc.com
Completing this application form does not place you under any obligation to adopt.
Safe Haven Animal Rescue Inc have a 10 day trial/settling period, if for any reason the pet needs to be returned, we will happily take them back into our care once a foster home is found and the adoption fee minus $50 (admin fee) will be returned via bank transfer within 5 working days. If the pet is returned after the trial period there will be no refund made.
1. An Adoption application MUST be filled out prior to the meet and greet with the animal.
2. 'Meet & Greet' with the animal and their carer will then take place. You must bring your current dog along to the meet and greet if you are meeting another dog/puppy, this is to ensure they get along before commencing adoption. If meeting a cat we do not recommend brining your current dog/cat as this may stress the cat/kitten out.
3. The animal MUST not be taken on the day unless PRIOR ARRANGED (travelling over a 2 hr round trip), we will NOT ACCEPT the animal to be taken on the day if less then 2 days notice is given. If prior arrangement is made, an adoption agreement/s and payment must be made before collection of the animal.
4. 10 day trial period commences once the animal has been collected from foster carer.
5. Adoption is finalised after 14 days and paperwork is sent via email.
Sorry we can’t take calls, as our rescue is run entirely by volunteers, but we endeavour to respond to your email within 24 - 48 hours. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT HOLD ANY ANIMALS SO PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE READY TO ADOPT NOW