Available for interstate adoption
Male Domestic Short Hair Cat
- Rescue group:
- New Life For Animals Rehoming Centre
- PetRescue ID:
I am mighty War-Horse (there's a saddle shaped patch on my back and the silly humans were going to dare to call me Pony - I put a stop to that quick enough).
My first name is Zeke, I am the friendly one of my brothers, also, if I do say so myself, I'm also the handsome one.
And the adventurous one. But if you leave your lap empty I will sit there. Actually, even if you're working on your laptop, that space is mine!
What's your super power? I have the innate ability to make my form liquid, that is to say, at will I can turn myself into a puddle of purrs, rendering any human hopelessly smitten. Mwahaha...
I mean, I would never use my power for evil...
I am the adventurous one of my brothers, I am curious, and like to explore. Put feathers in front of me and watch me go! I love to play.
Mostly I'm just wanting a home where I can be loved and I know you'll come back every day to hang out.
Zeke is desexed, microchipped, wormed and vaccinated. There are no medical issues.
All animals are adopted, never sold, and an adoption contract is required in each case.
We generally bring the animal(s) to you and reserve the right the inspect the housing and garden at this time. That marks the beginning of a 30 day trial adoption period.
We are committed to supporting you throughout the life of the animal you adopt, so we are here for advice or assistance where possible. We want you and your new family member to have a long happy life together so we will do what we can to ensure this.
As a guide, the following terms appear in the chicken adoption form that is required to be signed to complete the adoption. Slightly different adoption forms exist for different species but the overall principles remain the same.
1. A minimum of 3 chickens must be adopted unless you have a flock of your own already.
2. The chickens are NEVER to be killed no matter how old they get or if they stop laying eggs - which one day they will do - except for the case of humane euthanasia when all other alternatives have been exhausted.
3. If medical attention is required you commit to taking them to a good vet without delay and without concern for the cost of their treatment.
4. You do not use these chickens to make a profit.
5. You give these ladies the love they deserve. They have come from hell and are entitled to the best you can give them.
6. If the adoption is unsuitable for any reason at any time in the future you will return them to the carer rather than selling them or killing them.
7. They are never to be eaten.
8. Chickens must have a suitable garden area to roam and explore.
9. You must maintain adequate fox-proof housing.