I've been adopted!
This pet is no longer available
Nowra Hill, NSW
Hi! I’m Andy and I’m looking for a new family to call my own.
APPLICATION PROCESS APPLIES FOR ANDY
PLEASE COMPLETE THE BELOW APPLICATION FORM
NOTE: You are unable to meet Andy until/unless you have been notified that you are a successful applicant. An adoption cannot be approved unless you are able to come to the shelter to meet Andy in person and bring any dogs you currently have with you.
What I need in my new home:
• BREED KNOWLEDGE IS PREFERRED
• Daily walks, trips to the park or beach, playtime in the backyard
• Further training with basic doggie manners
• To be allowed inside with my family
• A doggie playmate would be great, if not then lots of socialising with other dogs
• I like both friendly male and female dogs
• Secure Fencing (6ft Colorbond or equivalent)
• Lots of toys and mental stimulation
• A diet of good quality dry food to help keep my teeth clean
• A family who promise to keep me well groomed and brush me regularly so I’m always looking and feeling my best
• Lots of love and attention
• No young children as when I'm excited I get bouncy when I want attention, older children who will be involved with my training should be ok.
• Being a social and playful pupper I would love to go to doggy daycare
• NO CATS
• I have a high prey drive so I can't go to a home that already has cats, rabbits/guinea pigs or chickens/ducks as I will chase them
• Being an active breed I have a lot of energy so an active family is a must!
• Doggy daycare and group socialisation classes would be highly beneficial for me.
• SOCIALISATION is as important as training. Taking me to lots of different places, meeting lots of people (children, men, woman etc) and meeting lots of dogs and other animals will ensure I grow into a social and well adjusted dog.
• TRAINING TRAINING TRAINING. It's ESSENTIAL I receive training in all aspects of my life so I can be the best dog I can be when I'm older.
• Being a young puppy I will adapt & learn easily, how I mature will only be a reflection of you & my upbringing
Things that I don’t want in my new home:
• To be left alone in the backyard without any interaction
• Not to be allowed inside with my family
• Never to go on a walk or rides in the car
• Small children due to being bouncy
• Cats or small animals as I may find them fun to chase
• Cats, rabbits, guinea pigs & livestock
My best features:
• Wiggle butt
• Highly food motivated
• I have had some basic obedience training and am a generally well-mannered dog
• I love attention and having snuggles with my humans
• I know my basic doggie commands
• Happy to hang out with other friendly dogs
• I am clever and eager to learn so would love a family who will teach me some cool tricks.
• I appear housetrained
• I love attention, hugs, kisses & head scratches
• Well mannered
• I walk well on lead for a young doggo but having daily walks should help me improve my lead skills
• Exuberant & full of beans
• I am VERY scent driven (due to my breed) and would excel at scent driven games & training.
Where I need to improve / Training required:
• I will require full basic training as I've had no training experience yet
• I seem to be timid around other dogs, so taking me place where I'll interact with dogs in a controlled environment will help me learn to not be scared of them anymore.
• I love my food so using them as a positive reward should make my training easier.
• I need further training on my recall as I can ignore you if you're trying to call me back to you
• I can be a bit bouncy -training should stop this
• I've only just learnt to walk on the lead since being at the shelter so I'm still a bit erratic but lots of walks will help me learn how to be great on the lead.
All adoptions are through an application process.
You will find the link to the online application form in each animal’s profile.
Preferred applicants will be phoned to book an appointment to meet the dog or cat.
Once the adoption has been finalised, unsuccessful applicants will be notified via email.
Please allow up to 2 weeks for adoptions to be finalised and emails sent.
This pet has been adopted and found love with its new family.
The rescue group has removed this pet and it is no longer available for adoption.
The rescue group is no longer taking adoption applications for this pet.