Who we support
PetRescue has over 950 rescue group members relying on our vital free support services, and of those we assist:
- 73.5% are small independent rescue groups who have a network of dedicated foster carers looking after rescue pets in their own homes. For these groups, the PetRescue website gives them enormous reach for free, putting them in touch with potential adopters every single day, no matter where they are located.
- 14.4% are shelters with their own kennels and care facilities, as well as foster carers in the community. While many have open days and their own website, PetRescue gives their rescue pets greater exposure online and a better chance of finding a new home faster.
- 9.7% are veterinary practices who care for homeless pets in their own kennels and care facilities.
- 2.4% are council operated pound facilities. They represent the small number of progressive pounds who are actively working to stop the unnecessary killing of unclaimed dogs and cats in Australia. They run their own adoption programs and embrace the free opportunities PetRescue offers to help the unclaimed pets in their care find new homes as quickly as possible.
That’s not forgetting the free pet search and adoption support services we provide to assist:
- 20,000 visitors to the website every day
- 480 pet enquirers every day
- 230 successful pet adoptions every day
Banner image: Chelsea from Dogs Refuge Home (WA) Inc by K9Kate Pet Photography