After receiving a pawsitive response to our recent survey, we’re excited to announce that the reduced-fee cat campaign is go!
We now have enough participating groups to feature approximately 1,000 adult cats with a special promotion adoption fee of $25.
The campaign will run from Thursday 15th to Sunday 18th September.
Registration closes 5pm (AWST) Monday 12 September.
What PetRescue will do for all participants
- To save time and resources for all participating rescue groups, we will update your adult cat (aged 6 months and over) adoption fees to $25 for the duration on the four-day event - from Thursday 15th to Sunday 18th September.
- Featured cats from all participating groups will be clearly marked with a heart and the $25 special adoption fee, and bumped to the top of the listings for the duration of the four-day event.
- We will be promoting the adult cat adoption event heavily, across multiple channels, and generating lots of PR to help your precious cats find loving homes.
- At the conclusion of the event, we will revert all your adult cat adoption fees to their original price, before the campaign launched.* However, it is your responsibility to make sure this has reverted correctly.
What you’ll need to do as a participant
- Let all your cat foster carers, volunteers and staff know about the event, and make sure they are ready to arrange some meet and greets!
- Be prepared to man your inbox and phone over the duration of the campaign. Channel your efforts into ensuring prospective adopters get a quick response, and get an extra vollie on board if need be. Not all adoptions will finalise over the weekend, but the quicker enquirers receive a response, the more cats will find loving homes and the more lives you’ll be able to save this coming kitten season.
- Make sure that all adult cat adoptions that result from enquiries made during the promotional event (from 12.01am on Thursday 15th to 11.59pm on Sunday 19th) only pay the reduced fee of $25 as advertised.
- Promote your adult cats and the $25 reduced adoption fee offer to your Facebook fans and other social media communities you’re engaged with.
- Update your cats' profiles no later than 5pm (AWST) Tuesday 13th September. (Please note any changes made to profiles during the campaign period will be lost when PetRescue reverts all your listings back to their original original adoption fee).
- Tell us how it went. Complete the survey we’ll send out at the end of the event. This will help us measure impact in terms of how many enquiries and adoptions were made, and determine whether we will run the campaign again. This is the first time we’ve ever run an event like this, so we’re keen to find out what worked and what didn’t.
We really hope it will help your cats find fabulous homes fast, and take some of the stress out of kitten season!
If you have any questions about the campaign, please get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org.