Last updated: 22 Jul, 2019
Published on: 21 Jul, 2015
Members Survey 2015 - the results are in
Firstly, a huge thank you to the hundreds of rescue groups that participated in the survey.
We know you are pressed for time and juggling family, work and rescue commitments, so we truly appreciate you taking the time to respond. It really is the best way to help us to help you in the fight to save the lives of pets at risk.
The results gave us a greater insight into the challenges you currently face. The results showed what a wonderfully diverse and dynamic bunch of rescuers we have on the frontline. And the results showed us the complex range of issues you face day to day.
One issue that frequently arose was the need to recruit and retain quality foster carers to save more lives.
In response, we’re in the process of creating a range of new programs to promote, recruit and train foster carers. And we’re kicking it off with PetRescue’s Workplace Foster Care Program.
As well as the Workplace Foster Care Program, we’ve unleashed a whole bunch of website improvements and other initiatives including:
- Your rescue group name smack-bang at the top of each pet’s profile page, under the pet’s name. By making the rescue group name more prominent, this should make clear which rescue group is looking after each pet, and eliminate any confusion between rescue groups.
- Help for pets urgently seeking foster care. Should you mark a listing as needing a foster carer, the callout for foster carers can now be clearly seen at the top of each pet’s profile page (in the green ribbon with the pet’s name). Just another way we’re making the process of finding foster families easier.
- Help with happy snaps. You told us getting access to good photographers is a challenge. So we’ve put the call out to our networks and have recruited a number of new volunteer photographers.
- Help with finding homes for adult cats. This consistently came up as a major challenge. So we’ve decided to dedicate the month of August to all things feline and fabulous! We will be working tirelessly through social media campaigns to promote the joys of adopting a cat. Check out Cat Month.
- National Pet Foster Day. This huge event will be hitting PETstock stores around the country in September. It will be an amazing opportunity to promote foster and adoption in your local community. Get more info on National Pet Foster Day.
We all stand united in the fight to save the lives of vulnerable pets. We are continually working on ways to improve the adoption experience for potential adopters and those working tirelessly behind the scenes in rescue.
These developments are the tip of the iceberg - stay tuned for even more exciting improvements and programs coming your way soon.
And don’t forget to keep a regular check of the Members Area!