We have been in operation since Oct 2020. We take in guinea pigs regardless of situation and rehabilitate them in preparation be adopted out through our sanctuary. We also strive to build relationships and educate on ethical guinea pig care.
The Adoption Process
1. View our adoptable guinea pigs via our Facebook page or album on the website
2. Complete our adoption application form
3. Send pictures of your cage and completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Await feedback from your application, this should take 1-5 business days. If you have not received a reply in 5 business days, please email again. Due to the amount of emails we receive - sometimes they can fall through the cracks! But we promise we will get back to you as soon as we can!
5. Apply any feedback given in our reply to the application.
Recommended changes may often include:
Increase cage size to meet minimum requirements (60cm x 60cm per female guinea pig or 80cm x 60cm per male guinea pig)
Change cage to meet safety requirements (remove wire flooring, change to guinea pig safe bedding, remove hay racks, etc)
Adjust planned diet to meet requirements (switch to nutritionally appropriate hay, pellets, vegetables, etc)
Any other recommendations, a list of our requirements can be found further down this page.
6. Show evidence of changes (pictures of improved cage, nutritionally appropriate food, etc)
7. Once approved, finalise adoption arrange pick up time during opening hours!