About Port Macquarie Animal Shelter
Our Animal Shelter is a Council Impounding Facility.
- It is a refuge for lost, stray and abandoned companion animals.
- Our Shelter is located at 27 John Fraser Place PORT MACQUARIE (off Lake Road). We are open Weekdays 10am-3.30pm, Saturday 9.30-11.30am and closed Sundays/Public Holidays.
- We allow visitors who are interested in adopting and looking at a particular animal.
- We aim to rehome all animals that are surrendered or not reclaimed by their owners after the required legal impound time period UNLESS they are suffering from severe illnesses or are a danger to humans and animals.
- We work alongside a number of rescue organisations in an effort to give every animal an opportunity.
- We have a dedicated team of staff and TAFE students caring for the animals in our care.
- We work on a "first in best suited" approach to be fair and reasonable but to also match appropriate animals with the best new forever homes.