We are a small family run dog rescue focusing on providing the best opportunities for dogs in need. Waggy Tails Dog Rescue is founded on the core philosophy that every dog deserves a chance. Our goal is to make sure that every dog receives only the best of care, food, and love. We aim to ensure that they are properly evaluated (medically and behaviorally) and placed according to their special needs.
The dogs we have chosen to focus our rescue efforts on will be breeds that do not have any legitimate rescue options and there are always more dogs in need than any one organisation can help. We believe that through being proactive and serving as a resource to the public as well as working together with the rest of the rescue community, we can decrease the number of dogs needing rescue in the first place and ensure that no dog in need is forgotten or left behind.
100% of net profits will go straight to the rescue to help the breeds in need.
We have done a lot of research by talking with different local and national rescues and studying their organisational strengths and weaknesses. So, we aim to build on this as our Rescue grows. Waggy Tails Dog Rescue QLD survives strictly on donations. We are all volunteers and none of us are paid for the work we do. All the money donated to our cause goes straight to the dogs in our care and helps to cover our costs which include transport, premium dog food, behavioral training, supplies, vet care, and medical supplies. Every foster dog that comes into our program is spayed/neutered, vaccinated, heart wormed, dewormed, microchipped, and we treat any pre-existing conditions that they might come in with.
1. An Adoption application MUST be filled out prior to the meet and greet with the animal.
2. 'Meet & Greet' with the animal and their carer will then take place. You must bring your current dog along to the meet and greet if you are meeting another dog/puppy, this is to ensure they get along before commencing adoption.
3. The animal MUST not be taken on the day unless PRIOR ARRANGED. If prior arrangement is made, an adoption agreement/s and payment must be made before collection of the animal.
4. 7 day trial period commences once the animal has been collected from foster carer.
5. Adoption is finalised after 7 day trial.
6. All animals for adoption are kept up to date with vet work UNTIL date of adoption. Inclusive of vaccinations, monthly worming and flea treatment. New owners are responsible for keeping preventatives current at their cost from date of adoption.
As we are run entirely of volunteers we endeavour to respond to your email or phone call within 24 hours. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
PLEASE NOTE: WE CAN NOT HOLD ANY ANIMALS SO PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE READY TO ADOPT NOW
Please contact us with your interest via our contact number.
If unavailable we will aim to contact you within 24hrs.