it is our mission to save homeless, abandoned, neglected and unwanted dogs and find them caring responsible homes.
HEAD OFFICE: www.facebook.com/bestfriendsforeverrescueillawarra
CHARITY ABN: 74 623 787 664
NSW CFN: 24863
We are a volunteer based organisation with a mission to care for dogs until they are adopted.
We are a not for profit no-kill rescue. We exist solely on donations and rely primarily on adoption fees and fundraising to help dogs in need.
BFFER rely on volunteers and fosters to provide them with care and nurturing.
if you can't adopt
if you can't foster
if you can't volunteer
if you can't donate
if you can't educate
ADOPT. DON'T SHOP
We are a small ethical rescue with a mission to rescue, rehabilitate and rehome dogs.
Our adoption process is:
1. We receive an enquiry
2. We respond to let you know if you are a good match based on information provided. We encourage detailed enquiries to help match you with the right dog for you and your family.
3. We contact you to set up a phone interview if we determine its a good match
4. We complete the interview and ask for photos of your fences and yard.
5. If our committee determine applicant is suitable for the dog they have applied for we will set up a meet and greet. If you have another dog they will need to be included in the meet and greet to ensure everyone gets along.
6. Once the meet is completed and all parties are happy to proceed, we will arrange a pick up or drop off and applicant commences 14 day trial period. During trial period we ask for frequent updates and provide advice.
7. If trial period is successful we proceed to complete adoption agreement.
8. Within 6-8 weeks applicant receives change of ownership paperwork which they submit to their local council.
We miss our rescues when they go on trial...so please send us a photo every second day at the least.
All puppies and dogs come with vaccinations covered by us until the end of trial period. They will be up to date with Flea, tick, heart worm/ all worm treatments when they commence the trial.
All worming, flea, tick, vaccinations and any vet costs will not be covered by rescue after the trial period unless previously discussed and agreed upon by us (in special circumstances).
We arrange and pay for desexing of puppies when the puppy is old enough to have it done.
Adoption fee is required within one week of final decision being made. (See Deposit details in about section)
Once payment has been processed we will request a photo of our lucky ex rescue/s in their forever home. Preferably with their new family.
This is so we can post our ex Rescue with their new family and share the excitement with our followers, sponsors, and of course us volunteers.
We do understand there are circumstances where this is not preferred/ possible. If so, a nice photo of your new family member would be sufficient
We will then arrange to deliver any Veterinary information/ records & some paperwork for you to complete through your local council. This can be completed either online or in person.
For puppies we will send all ownership paperwork after the pup has been desexed
**Change of ownership and microchip is to be completed by the new owner within 2 weeks of receiving paperwork otherwise fines from the council may be incurred**
Once these steps have been finalised you will officially be Best Friends Forever