Lucky Paws Dog Rescue is a registered not-for-profit dog rescue based in South East Queensland including Hervey Bay.
We are a small group of volunteers working together to help save abandoned, neglected and homeless animals throughout the region as well as remote outback communities.
All animals in our care are desexed, vaccinated, microchipped, flea and worm treated as well as heartworm tested (if applicable).
** PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT HOLD ANY DOGS SO PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE READY TO ADOPT NOW. **
It is important that your home meets the criteria below:
* Dogs must sleep inside at night, not only do we like our dogs to be included in the family, this ensures they are kept safe from toads, snakes as well as the weather etc.
* If renting, your landlord or Body Corporate MUST approve prior to filling out this application (If this is not done we may need to move to the next application).
* Your home must have secure fencing.
* All dogs & cats in the home must be desexed and fully vaccinated.
* Children must be supervised at all times with the new pet.
* Puppy school/obedience training is a must if adopting a dog under 12 months of age.
If you are not willing to meet the criteria above, your application may be rejected.
~ ADOPTION PROCESS ~
1. Please take the time to read the dog's detailed profile thoroughly.
2. An Adoption application MUST be filled out prior to the meet and greet with the animal.
3. If successful, our adoptions co-ordinator will be in touch within 24-48 hours, if you have not received a response in this time, please check your junk folder.
4. The foster carer will then call you within 24-48 hours to set up a meet & greet, this is also the perfect time to ask any detailed information about the dog and if they are going to be a good match for you and your family.
5. The ‘Meet & Greet' - you travel to where the dog is. All potential adopters are given 6 DAYS to meet the dog. If the adopter has not met the dog in this period, then we will assume you are no longer interested. If you have a current dog and the dog you are enquiring about is over 4 months of age they must meet to ensure compatibility. Your pet must be fully vaccinated to be able to meet with our dogs in care. We strongly recommend all members of the family attend.
6. The dog MUST not be taken on the day unless PRIOR ARRANGEMENTS have been made e.g. travelling more than 5 hrs round trip. In this case we need a minimum of 3 days notice. The adoption agreement and payment must be made before collection of the dog.
7. The adopter has 24 hours to email email@example.com to advise if they wish to proceed with the adoption or not. We rely on our foster carers for feedback on how the meet & greet went so each carer will advise us after the meet & greet.
8. Once you email our Adoptions Co-ordinator, we will then email you the adoption paperwork to finalise, this needs to be completed within 4-7 days depending if the dog is a puppy or adult. PLEASE CHECK YOUR JUNK FOLDER. The dog can only be officially adopted and taken home once the paperwork and adoption fee has been received, we will notify the foster carer and adopter when the dog is ready to go to their new home. The adopter has 4 days to collect the dog after the payment has been received.
9. A 10-day trial period commences once the animal has been collected from the foster carer. During the trial period, should the dog become ill, you must notify Lucky Paws via email at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. If the dog requires a vet visit Lucky Paws will ONLY cover vet treatment which has been authorised by a Lucky Paws admin at our partnered vet clinics. We will NOT reimburse you if you choose to go to your own vet or haven’t got approval.
10. The Adoption is finalised after 14 - 28 days and paperwork is sent via email after this period. Please note this can take up to 4 weeks pending on the microchip paperwork. If you need vaccination certificates for puppy school in the meantime, please email us.
Sorry we can’t take calls, as our rescue is run entirely by volunteers, but we endeavour to respond to your email within 24 - 48 hours. Your patience is greatly appreciated.