Operation Cat's Kitten University is a program designed to get young orphaned kittens out of the pound immediately and into the care with a few awesome Kitty Counsellors, who give them all the care and life skills they need until they graduate and can be adopted.
We solely focused on this one area. The longer young kittens stay in a pound environment, the higher the risk to them - their health and behaviour being severely compromised. Kitten University gets them out of danger and on the road to being the happiest and healthy kittens they can be.
Once a kitten graduates (usually between 8-10 weeks old) and they've received all their vet work, they'll also get a diploma which will give you an idea of what they've majored in. It might be cuddles, it might be ninja sneak attacks from under the couch... every kitten's an individual!
Kitten University takes a very open approach to adoptions. Here's a rundown of what we don't do:
• We don't have an application form.
• We don't require references.
• We don't require the adopter to meet the kitten beforehand.
• We don't require a home check.
• We don't require proof of financials.
Here's what we do instead:
• We have adoption counselling that is conversation-based, where we work with the applicant to figure out how to make an adoption possible.
• We encourage and enable meets but also provide alternatives (like Skype or no meet at all so long as everyone's fully informed).
• We ask for a pre-adoption deposit of half the adoption fee that may be non-refundable, depending on circumstances.
So, basically, Kitten University is policy-free. We believe with every policy you make, the more hurdles you put in the way of adoption, and we don't want to make adoption hard. We want to make it a fun and happy experience for everyone.
Getting to know adopters and matching them with their next family member is what drives KU's mission.
All kittens are ready for a new home once microchipped, vaccinated, and desexed (we anticipate this to be around 9-10 weeks old) but they are ready now for pre-adoption.
So if you think this bundle of awesome is for you, let us know and we'll get chatting!