Paws Hoofs and Claws Inc. (PHC) was formed in 2010 by a small group of dedicated animal lovers in Mount Isa, providing fostered refuge to abandoned, abused, surrendered and orphaned animals. The group was granted Incorporation status in May 2010, and the first executive committee was introduced. This provided the organisation with a more solid foundation for forward planning, as well as a more professional and recognised status throughout the community. Since that time, the organisation has gone through many changes, with a change in executive committee, as well as the introduction of standard operating procedures, providing a more structured and formalised process for animal intake, continuum of veterinary intervention as well as a more effective way of animal tracking throughout our dedicated volunteer foster carers.
Paws Hoofs and Claws Inc. is recognised as a Registered Charity with the Australian Taxation Office and the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission.
Our mission at Paws Hoofs and Claws Inc. is to:
- Reunite lost or found animals with their owners as soon as possible;
- Find suitable permanent homes via our adoption process for those animals which have been abandoned or neglected;
- Rescue animals from the local pound when we have the means;
- Address animal cruelty issues with the help of RSPCA, DPI or the Police where possible;
- Educate the community on the suitable care of animals including information about nutrition, safe housing, exercise and health issues plus care and social interaction;
- and Provide initial and continuum of care to any animal that comes into our care.
Paws Hoofs and Claws believe in “euthanasia-free” animal welfare and rescue. We operate under this belief by striving to find suitable homes for all animals that are brought into our care. We also believe that all animals including those abandoned and neglected companion animals have the right to sustenance and healthy lifestyles, but this we provide all our animals in foster care with full veterinary interventions as required as well as regular worming, vaccination and animals of suitable age, desexing prior to adoption. Due to limitations of our services we do at times have the incapability of to accept all animals that require rehoming.
**PLEASE DO NOT PHONE** APPLICATIONS/ENQUIRIES ONLY VIA EMAIL.
If you prefer, please go to our website and complete the adoption enquiry form:
We are a small non-profit rescue group based in Mount Isa, Queensland. We will endeavour to respond to you when we can - we are volunteers and only have a small team.