Greyhounds As Pets is a not for profit initiative coordinated by Greyhound Racing NSW. It has 2 primary objectives:
1. Improve animal welfare in the Greyhound racing industry by providing dogs with a 'career change' if they are not suited to, or are ready to retire from, the racing industry
2. Provide loving gentle pets to the public that have been thoroughly medically and behaviourally assessed. All our dogs are vaccinated, microchipped, desexed, wormed and flea treated so you can get on with enjoying your pet.
We have 2 options for those interested in Greyhounds:
1. If you already know how wonderful Greyhounds are and want one in you life permanently, you can adopt outright.
2. If you can't have a full time pet or you want to see if a Greyhound is the right dog for you, foster caring may be the answer. Carers are provided with all the necessary food and equipment for their dog's 6 week stay and get the option of adopting that dog should they wish to do so.
1) Complete Application Form available on our website (www.gapnsw.com.au) or can be downloaded, emailed/posted.
2) Adopter/foster carer will be contacted and details discussed regarding their application, as well as any questions answered.
3) Appointment can be booked to adopt/foster if there is a suitable dog available.