Not available for interstate adoption
Dobby & Gremlin
Male Domestic Short Hair Cat
- Rescue group:
- Barnville Rescue Cats
- PetRescue ID:
- New South Wales
Dobby, Mr Dob Dobbelina is sweetness wrapped up in a soft tabby coat. I'm not sure how else to describe him. Dobby is just the sweetest boy. He loves sleeping in baskets - cane, laundry, clean or dirty doesn't matter. He'll curl himself up in it and ooze sweetness. He also likes to be with his human.
Dobby snuggles with me most nights (thankfully I have the fan going!). If he doesn't join me in bed when I first go to sleep, I’ll often wake up randomly with a small purring creature nuzzling my neck or curled up against my back. That's how sweet he is. In fact, the nurses at the vet fell in love with him and his smoochiness while he was there for his big-boy operation.
Dobby had a sad start to life. He found himself a solo orphan in a Western Sydney pound. He spent 10 days there where he just wasn’t doing so well. He was sick, and he needed rescue so he could thrive. His sad face broke my heart so I made room for him and he came home with me.
With love, and 24/7 care he healed and flourished. Once his isolation time was up, it was time for him to move out of the bathroom and meet the other tabby we’d rescued a couple of weeks before - Little Man Gremlin. It wasn’t love at first sight … there were hisses and looks of shock and horror … Once the boys came to terms with the fact that there could be two Little Men in the house they became the very best of friends. They even moved in together! Their days were spent snacking and sleeping in their crate. Their evenings and nights were spent wrestling and running through the house :-) Having said that, he is also quite relaxed about life. He's not a mad scratcher or chewer or climber of things. He's been a breath of fresh air!
Dobby is also a wee bit in love with our other foster kitten PollyWaffle - an older woman by a month or so ;) ... He's quite smitten with her. She is gorgeous so I don't blame him!
- Gaby his Foster Momma
Gremlin's Profile https://www.petrescue.com.au/listings/609093
Dobby is desexed, has received his first kitty vaccination, is litter trained and receives regular flea and worm treatment.
* At the time of commencing a trial adoption, the adoption amount is paid with an interim receipt issued, plus a change-of-ownership form is filled out and signed by the adopter. Barnville hold onto the change of ownership form for the duration of the trial adoption period.
* The trial adoption period is for 2 weeks (or longer if necessary), whereby the cat/kitten is to be kept indoors at all times.
* If the trial adoption is successful, the change-of-ownership form is submitted to council and the cat/kitten's vet paperwork is posted to the adopter. The official tax-deductible receipt of adoption payment is emailed then also, so it can be claimed on at tax time.
* If the adoption is not successful within the trial adoption period, the adoption donation is fully refunded and the cat/kitten is happily welcomed back to Barnville :-) Beyond the trial adoption period, Barnville will happily take back any cats which were adopted from them, no matter what the reason is.
* We are always happy to hear from you after adoption (and beyond!) to offer advice or just receive happy updates :-) =^..^=