Not available for interstate adoption
Looking for love
Medium Male Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Mix Dog
- Rescue group:
- Cavalier Rescue
- PetRescue ID:
PLEASE READ MEDICAL NOTES BEFORE COMPLETEING AN APPLICATION FORM (LINK BELOW) TO BE CONSIDERED FOR CHARLIE
Charlie is a very sweet older man who is looking for love.
This little guy is looking for a very special home that can keep up with his daily medication for Cushings. He loves a walk on his lead, although at his age it's a stroll and there are definitely no marathons to be run.
He would love a quiet grown up home, where he can be an inside boy, and sleep either on a bed near yours or in the lounge room, oh and he is partial to watching a bit of television too. He is toilet trained but will need supervision in a new environment.
He isn't too bothered with cats, preferring food or sleep over chasing.
Charlie has Cushings, he is on daily medication (Vetoryl 10mg) which currently costs approx $80 per month, he will need another blood test on 23rd Feb at our vet clinic (which will be covered) to ensure the dosage is correct. Cushings will need ongoing treatment, medication for life and regular visits to check dosage rates are still working.
Charlie has a grade 4 heart murmur and is also hard of hearing, not completely deaf, but getting there as cavvies can do when they get older.
DOG ADOPTION PROCESS:
1. Application Form completed ( http://www.cavvierescue.org/index.php/cavaliers/adopt/adoption-application ), including any questions you have
2. Cavalier Rescue reviews and contacts successful applicants within approx 3 days
3. Meet and Greet with the dog/puppy is arranged at a convenient time for both the foster carer and potential adopter, including introductions to existing animals and all members of the potential home
4. Home and Yard check is arranged between Cavalier Rescue representative and potential adopter. The dog/puppy comes along to this and if there are no issues, the dog/puppy is able to stay at the home from this time. Adoption Agreement is signed, Change of Ownership form is completed, and Adoption Fee is paid in cash.
5. Adoption Pack is mailed after the 14 day trial period. - See more at: http://www.petrescue.com.au/admin/groups/10077/listings/269647#sthash.YmQns90b.dpuf