Available for interstate adoption
Foster carer needed
Looking for love
Medium Male Dingo Dog
- Rescue group:
- Sydney Fox Rescue
- PetRescue ID:
- Western Australia
Hi my name is Max and at two years old I'm still a big puppy with lots of love to give! I love to run, jump and play with my humans and chew toys like tug-toys and kongs will keep me busy for hours!
Because I'm an alpine dingo I'm very energetic and bounce like I have springs in my paws (I would make a great jogging partner). I would suit a home with older kids or teenagers who can wear me out, or even just some adults who love to walk and go to the park, we can even cuddle on the couch afterwards, I love ear scratches and have a thick soft alpine dingo coat, perfect for snuggling.
I have lived on my own (no canine friends) thus far and I am not tested with other dogs or dingoes, but could potentially be bonded with a desexed female dog or dingo (medium or large breed). I am not suitable to live with cats, pocket pets, birds or live stock (sadly I will chase them!!).
Right now I live with my humans in WA but sadly due to a change in circumstances they can no longer look after me, I am looking for a new home in WA or NSW (SFDR can organise flights for the right home).
Max is a high content dingo.
A high content dingo typically has two dingo parents or a large amount of dingo genetics. High content dingoes are often known as “pure dingoes”. High content dingoes have much stricter fencing requirements due to their climbing ability. You will need ONE OR MORE of the follow BEFORE an adoption trial for a high content dingo can begin.
- A 2.4m colour-bond or paling fence with nothing leaning against or near the fence line (lattice is a great way to extend the height of your fence)
- A 1.8m fence (of any sturdy material) with a 45 degree inward facing over-hang of 60cm to prevent climbing (see here: https://sanctuarysos.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/cat-proof-fence-barrier-to-keep-cats-safe-in-the-garden.jpg ).
- A dog enclosure at least 1.8m high with either a full roof or 45 degree inward facing over-hang of 60cm to prevent climbing. Must be at least 25m square (for instance 5m x 5m or 8m x 3m)
- Mesh, concrete or similar around the base of the fence may also be required
Some manufacturers of pre-made dog enclosures include:
Another option is using construction fencing style panels from bunnings or weldedmesh sheets and posts.
Please note at this time pending legal advice we are unable to offer fox kit adoption to private owners.
1. Send an email inquiry with your name and contact details outlining your current living situation, pets and family members and anything else you think might be relevant, particularly what your house and yard are like. Remember our dingoes typically require an enclosure or modified fencing.
2. We will email you back adoption information and an application form to fill out and return to us.
3. If your application is approved- Come along to meet us and our dingoes at our Camden shelter or their foster carers home and let us find the right furry family member for you.
4. Before you can pick up your new dingo you will also need to under a house/yard check and pay your adoption fee. No animals are rehomed unless their adoption fee is paid in full and a yard check has been completed.