Not available for interstate adoption
Playful and Intelligent
Medium Female Dingo Dog
- Rescue group:
- Sydney Fox Rescue
- PetRescue ID:
- New South Wales
Hi my name is Inala, and I'm a little pocket-rocket! I'm still growing, but even though I'm small now I have a big personality, and I'm quick to make new friends with my outgoing playful nature and cheeky smile. I'm the most active of my siblings but I would still love to snuggle you on the couch at the end of the day, I think human cuddles are the absolute best!
I have been around my human friends from day one (which is why I love people sooo much)! I was born at the RSPCA shelter after my mum was seized from a wildlife park who weren't taking care of her. The RSPCA then sent us up to Sydney to Sydney Fox and Dingo Rescue so we could grow and recover, ready to find homes of our own.
I would love a family with another large or medium dog or dingo (I will be 18-20kg fully grown) or perhaps someone who is home a lot and can spend lots of time with me, I thrive on companionship and being a dingo I'm very intelligent and cheeky, so a companion dog would keep me active and out of trouble.
I would not suit a home with pocket pets, livestock or poultry.
Inala is a high content, black, alpine dingo.
A high content dingo typically has two dingo parents or a large amount of dingo genetics. High content dingoes are often known as “pure dingoes”. High content dingoes have much stricter fencing requirements due to their climbing ability. You will need ONE OR MORE of the follow BEFORE an adoption trial for a high content dingo can begin.
- A 2.5m colour-bond or paling fence with nothing leaning against or near the fence line
- A 1.8m fence (of any sturdy material) with a 45 degree inward facing over-hang of 60cm to prevent climbing (see here: https://sanctuarysos.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/cat-proof-fence-barrier-to-keep-cats-safe-in-the-garden.jpg ).
- A dog enclosure at least 1.8m high with either a full roof or 45 degree inward facing over-hang of 60cm to prevent climbing. Must be at least 25m square (for instance 5m x 5m or 8m x 3m)
- Mesh, concrete or similar around the base of the fence may also be required
Some manufacturers of pre-made dog enclosures include:
Another option is using construction fencing style panels from bunnings or pre-fabricated welded mesh sheets and posts.
Please note at this time pending legal advice we are unable to offer fox kit adoption to private owners.
1. Send an email inquiry with your name and contact details outlining your current living situation, pets and family members and anything else you think might be relevant, particularly what your house and yard are like. Remember our dingoes typically require an enclosure or modified fencing.
2. We will email you back adoption information and an application form to fill out and return to us.
3. If your application is approved- Come along to meet us and our dingoes at our Camden shelter or their foster carers home and let us find the right furry family member for you.
4. Before you can pick up your new dingo you will also need to under a house/yard check and pay your adoption fee. No animals are rehomed unless their adoption fee is paid in full and a yard check has been completed.