Available for interstate adoption
Salt, Pepper & Paprika
Small and Cuddly
- Rescue group:
- Sugarshine Feminist Animal Rescue Mission
- PetRescue ID:
- New South Wales
Salt, Pepper and Paprika are three rescued hens currently looking for a forever home together. They are quite small, and get along well with other hens and roosters. Salt is extremely tame, friendly and cuddly, and loves spending her days hanging out with her sister Pepper (not pictured but photo will be added soon - she is a tiny bit bigger and black in colour). Paprika is a beautiful little hen who prefers to enjoy your company from a distance, and loves hanging out with other hens. These hens would absolutely love to have a safe forever home where they can spend their days sunning themselves, relaxing and foraging for food.
These hens are located in Lismore, north east NSW.
- Chickens must only go to homes in which they will never be killed, and will never be bred (this means that eggs must be collected daily if a rooster is present).
- Chickens must be adequately cared for and taken to the vet if they are injured or sick.
- Chickens must be put away in a predator proof enclosure/coop at night, and then have a safe place to roam during the day.
- Chickens must not be given away to anyone else; if you are no longer able to care for them you can return them to us at any time and we will happily care for them until they can find another home.
- Chickens must not live alone; if you don't already have chickens you will need to adopt more than one.
- Transport can be arranged within some areas of NSW and QLD, so please ask us if you're unsure.
- If appropriate, a home visit will be conducted before the chickens are delivered/picked up, to ensure that their area/enclosure is adequate and predator proof.
Please contact us to obtain an adoption application, or for any questions/more information.