Available for interstate adoption
Yoka, Ember & Bruschetta
Cuddly & Affectionate
- Rescue group:
- Sugarshine Feminist Animal Rescue Mission
- PetRescue ID:
- New South Wales
Yoka, Ember & Bruschetta are three young, small hens (approximately a year old) who are extremely tame, friendly and absolutely adore being picked up and being gently patted or having their head scratched. They love people and would happily hang around them all day, and they are incredibly inquisitive and intelligent. They get along well with other hens and roosters.They are sisters and quite good friends, and would love to find their forever home together.
These hens are located in Lismore, north east NSW.
- Chickens must only go to homes in which they will never be killed, and will never be bred (this means that eggs must be collected daily if a rooster is present).
- Chickens must be adequately cared for and taken to the vet if they are injured or sick.
- Chickens must be put away in a predator proof enclosure/coop at night, and then have a safe place to roam during the day.
- Chickens must not be given away to anyone else; if you are no longer able to care for them you can return them to us at any time and we will happily care for them until they can find another home.
- Chickens must not live alone; if you don't already have chickens you will need to adopt more than one.
- Transport can be arranged within some areas of NSW and QLD, so please ask us if you're unsure.
- If appropriate, a home visit will be conducted before the chickens are delivered/picked up, to ensure that their area/enclosure is adequate and predator proof.
Please contact us to obtain an adoption application, or for any questions/more information.