Available for interstate adoption
Peach, Nutmeg & Snowflake
Tiny and inquisitive
- Rescue group:
- Sugarshine Feminist Animal Rescue Mission
- PetRescue ID:
- New South Wales
Peach, Nutmeg & Snowflake are three bamtam cross sisters who are a little less than a year old. These inquisitive little hens are fully grown and are quite small. They are a little shy, and enjoy hanging around humans but would usually rather spend time with you from afar and don't always want to be picked up. They would happily get along with other hens/roosters, but the three of them together would also be perfectly fine to be adopted to someone who doesn't have any other chickens. They prefer to hang out together in a small area, so also do not need a great deal of space (as long as they have grass/earth to scratch around in, things to fly up on and places to have dust baths and sun themselves!).
These hens are located in Lismore, north east NSW.
- Chickens must only go to homes in which they will never be killed, and will never be bred (this means that eggs must be collected daily if a rooster is present).
- Chickens must be adequately cared for and taken to the vet if they are injured or sick.
- Chickens must be put away in a predator proof enclosure/coop at night, and then have a safe place to roam during the day.
- Chickens must not be given away to anyone else; if you are no longer able to care for them you can return them to us at any time and we will happily care for them until they can find another home.
- Chickens must not live alone; if you don't already have chickens you will need to adopt more than one.
- Transport can be arranged within some areas of NSW and QLD, so please ask us if you're unsure.
- If appropriate, a home visit will be conducted before the chickens are delivered/picked up, to ensure that their area/enclosure is adequate and predator proof.
Please contact us to obtain an adoption application, or for any questions/more information.