Available for interstate adoption
Gentle and sweet
- Rescue group:
- Sugarshine Feminist Animal Rescue Mission
- PetRescue ID:
- New South Wales
Lilac is an extremely quiet, gentle and sweet hen who generally prefers to keep to herself, although she gets along quiet well with other chickens, both hens and roosters. She loves to roam around, but is generally pretty quiet and spends a lot of her time perching in the sun and have dust baths. She is quite small and would suit a home with other smaller chickens, but would most likely get along with any chickens. She isn't bonded to any other chickens so can be adopted alone. Her exact age is unknown, but she's an adult and is approximately 2 years old.
These hens are located in Lismore, north east NSW.
- Chickens must only go to homes in which they will never be killed, and will never be bred (this means that eggs must be collected daily if a rooster is present).
- Chickens must be adequately cared for and taken to the vet if they are injured or sick.
- Chickens must be put away in a predator proof enclosure/coop at night, and then have a safe place to roam during the day.
- Chickens must not be given away to anyone else; if you are no longer able to care for them you can return them to us at any time and we will happily care for them until they can find another home.
- Chickens must not live alone; if you don't already have chickens you will need to adopt more than one.
- Transport can be arranged within some areas of NSW and QLD, so please ask us if you're unsure.
- If appropriate, a home visit will be conducted before the chickens are delivered/picked up, to ensure that their area/enclosure is adequate and predator proof.
Please contact us to obtain an adoption application, or for any questions/more information.