Not available for interstate adoption
Looking for love
Medium Male Dingo Dog
- Rescue group:
- Sydney Fox Rescue
- PetRescue ID:
- New South Wales
More info coming soon...
Comet is a high content dingo.
A high content dingo typically has two dingo parents or a large amount of dingo genetics. High content dingoes are often known as “pure dingoes”. High content dingoes have much stricter fencing requirements due to their climbing ability. You will need ONE OR MORE of the follow BEFORE an adoption trial for a high content dingo can begin.
- A 2.5m colour-bond or paling fence with nothing leaning against or near the fence line (one option is to extend your existing fencing using lattice or mesh extensions)
- A 1.8m fence (of any sturdy material) with a 45 degree inward facing over-hang of 60cm to prevent climbing (see here: https://sanctuarysos.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/cat-proof-fence-barrier-to-keep-cats-safe-in-the-garden.jpg ).
- A dog enclosure at least 1.8m high with either a full roof or 45 degree inward facing over-hang of 60cm to prevent climbing. Must be at least 25m square (for instance 5m x 5m or 8m x 3m)
- Mesh, concrete or similar around the base of the fence may also be required
Some manufacturers of pre-made dog enclosures include:
Another option for a quick and easy dingo enclosure is using construction fencing style panels from bunnings or weldedmesh sheets and posts.
We are here to help with fencing- please ask if you need advice or assistance with dingo proofing.
Please note at this time pending legal advice we are unable to offer fox kit adoption to private owners.
1. Fill out an adoption form and send it back to us with an email outlining anything else you think might be relevant, particularly what your house and yard are like. Remember our dingoes require an enclosure or modified fencing.
2. Come along to meet us and our dingoes at our Camden shelter or their foster carers home and let us find the right furry family member for you.
3. Before you can pick up your new dingo you will also need to under a house/yard check and pay your adoption fee. No animals are rehomed unless their adoption fee is paid in full and a yard check has been completed.