Not available for interstate adoption
Playful and Cheeky
Medium Female Dingo Dog
- Rescue group:
- Sydney Fox Rescue
- PetRescue ID:
- New South Wales
Hi my name is Nova and I'm a little star! I adore people and having been raised from a 5 week old orphan by shelter staff I am incredibly social and outgoing, cheeky and curious with all kinds of people.
I'm the leader of the puppy pack at my foster mum's house, always the first in line to greet visitors or check out new places and new things. I'm great with kids, other dingoes and dogs.
I am well behaved in the car and good on lead. I'm even learning to sit and drop!
I have a short, low maintenance coat and don't shed much because I was found up North. I love other dingoes and dogs and would love a home with a medium or large canine companion to keep me company while you're out and at work.
Like most dingoes I am extra intelligent and high energy, I need a home who understands my need for adventure and will take me for lots of walks and the occasional swim (I love water)! I love interactive toys like kongs and treat balls and fresh bones are great for keeping me busy.
Nova is a high content dingo
A high content dingo typically has two dingo parents or a large amount of dingo genetics. High content dingoes are often known as “pure dingoes”. High content dingoes have much stricter fencing requirements due to their climbing ability. You will need ONE OR MORE of the follow BEFORE an adoption trial for a high content dingo can begin.
- A 2.5m colour-bond or paling fence with nothing leaning against or near the fence line
- A 1.8m fence (of any sturdy material) with a 45 degree inward facing over-hang of 60cm to prevent climbing (see here: https://sanctuarysos.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/cat-proof-fence-barrier-to-keep-cats-safe-in-the-garden.jpg ).
- A dog enclosure at least 1.8m high with either a full roof or 45 degree inward facing over-hang of 60cm to prevent climbing. Must be at least 25m square (for instance 5m x 5m or 8m x 3m)
- Mesh, concrete or similar around the base of the fence may also be required
Some manufacturers of pre-made dog enclosures include:
Another option is using construction fencing style panels from bunnings or weldedmesh sheets and posts.
Please note at this time pending legal advice we are unable to offer fox kit adoption to private owners.
1. Fill out an adoption form and send it back to us with an email outlining anything else you think might be relevant, particularly what your house and yard are like. Remember our dingoes require an enclosure or modified fencing.
2. Come along to meet us and our dingoes at our Camden shelter or their foster carers home and let us find the right furry family member for you.
3. Before you can pick up your new dingo you will also need to under a house/yard check and pay your adoption fee. No animals are rehomed unless their adoption fee is paid in full and a yard check has been completed.