Not available for interstate adoption
Snuggly and charismatic
Small Female Jack Russell Terrier Mix
- Rescue group:
- Melbourne Animal Rescue
- PetRescue ID:
Rylie, tiny package, BIG personality!
Well, I'm sure you've all heard the term 'personality plus' before? Well, that sums up little Rylie perfectly! This little fire cracker is an absolute go getter and adores being part of the action! She loves to be entertained, and loves to entertain! She's well versed in human manipulation 101 with her ADORABLE good looks and puppy dog eyes and loves to be the centre of attention with her funny antics and super waggly tail (she's so little her whole body shakes!)
To back up her ridiculous cuteness and charisma, Rylie is also very intelligent. When she came into care she had no formal training and after a few short lessons Rylie has gained so many listening skills and the ability to follow commands. She'd be the ideal candidate for 'trick training' as she loves having a task to do, and loves to be made a fuss over, the words 'good girl' are her favourite words on the planet and she adores to please. Since coming into care and starting training, Rylie is much better with her on lead walking, particulary around other dogs. Rylie can still get vocal when seeing other dogs on a walk, and will need to continue on with her training so her confidence improves. She's such a receptive student, that with dedicated owners, this issue will soon be a thing of the past.
Rylie has lived with other dogs before, and cats, but we are seeking a forever home for her where she will be the center of attention and the apple of her families eye. She does have a bit of a jealousy streak and is still working on her confidence around others, so a single fur family would definitely be best for her. Despite her apprehension around new dogs, Rylie will need to continue with her socialisation, she's only young and with the right guidance she will overcome her fear.
Rylie is such a small tiny girl, but she has loads of energy! Rylie needs a daily walk, and play session to keep her mind active too. She is even a pretty good jogging buddy despite the shortness of her little legs! When she's not exercising and not playing Rylie loves to snuggle and cuddle and be doted on. Her favourite cuddle sessions include being under a blankie on the couch with her favourite human.
Rylie loves humans of all sizes and has lived with kids before. Older kids and teenagers will be better suited to her as she can get quite excited and jump and lick with smaller kids, and older kids and teenagers will be better suited to help with her training and establishing consistency with training in the home.
- Rylie adores human attention and friendship
- Rylie is super smart
- Rylie needs to be the only animal in the home
- Rylie needs a family that will continue to take her to formal classes, this is non negotiable.
- Rylie needs daily exercise
If you feel you can fulfill all of Rylies needs and will be dedicated to training (and cuddling) please apply by filling in our online adoption application via this link - http://www.melbourneanimalrescue.org.au/index.php/adoption/dogs/dog-adoption-application
Rylie is a healthy happy girl. If you are interested in adopting her please apply by filing out an application via this link - http://www.melbourneanimalrescue.org.au/index.php/adoption/dogs/dog-adoption-application
DOG ADOPTION PROCESS:
1. Application Form completed -
Including any questions you have and as much information about your lifestyle and existing pets as possible.
2. Melbourne Animal Rescue Inc. reviews and contacts SUCCESSFUL applicants within approx 3-5 days
3. Meet and Greet and yard check with the dog/puppy is arranged at a convenient time for both the MAR representative/foster carer and potential adopter, including introductions to existing animals and all members of the potential home. If there are no issues, the dog/puppy is potentially able to stay at the home for a two week trial period once Adoption Agreement is signed and Adoption Fee is paid (refundable within the 2 week trial period if the adoption is not successful)
4. All relevant paperwork and medical information including desexing certificates, vaccinations certificates and microchip change of ownership form are supplied after the 2 week trial period.