Rescue Group:Melbourne Animal Rescue
Female Domestic Short Hair
Located in Victoria
Not available for interstate adoption
Sophia is as quirky as they come! From her unique “possum” eyes, to her energetic and crazy personality- she is definitely one of a kind! She likes to think her name is ‘Puss’ and responds quickly when called by this name.
TEMPERAMENT – Once adjusted to her new home, Sophia is a friendly and loving cat. She is naturally nervous, but once she realises that this is her home, she will be friendly to all that enter. Please be patient and let her adjust to see her true colours shine! She loves her humans and will happily come curl up on your lap/stomach/back. She is extremely playful and loves all her toys, especially her cat tunnel. She has a habit of thinking hands are a toy, but she is always gentle and never uses her claws! Puss does not like to be held.
MAINTENANCE – Sophia is on a specialised diet to prevent cystitis. She is more prone to developing cystitis when she is under stress. Her new owners must be willing to supply Sophia with her prescription food. If her owners need help and advice on how to settle Puss in to her new home and limit stress, we are more than happy to help.
Sophia only needs a light brushing every now and then.
SUITABILITY - We think Puss would be very adaptable to a wide variety of family units and lifestyles. She is able to be left alone but absolutely loves her human company and requires a home where she can spend quality time with her humans. She hasn’t been around young children and can be easily startled. For this reason I do not believe Sophia would be a good match and the environment will cause her stress. Teenagers who understand not to scream and be boisterous are fine and in fact I believe she would get along very well with them. Whilst Sophia will ‘wrestle’ with your hand, she will do so in a gentle manner.
Sophia is an indoor-only cat.
LOCATION - Sophia is currently happy in foster care in Ballarat, and would be very excited to have a visit from prospective new owners. She is a beautiful cat and deserving of the very best of homes.
If you would like to meet Sophia, please complete our application form; http://www.melbourneanimalrescue.org.au/index.php/adoption/cats/cat-adoption-application
Sopia (puss) is prone to developing cystitis which is managed by a special food and keeping her stress levels low
CAT ADOPTION PROCESS:
1. Application Form to be completed ( http://www.melbourneanimalrescue.org.au/index.php/adoption/cats/cat-adoption-application ), including any questions you have
2. Melbourne Animal Rescue Inc. reviews and contacts SUCCESSFUL applicants within approx 3 days
3. Meet and Greet with the cat/kitten in it's foster home is arranged at a convenient time for both the foster carer and potential adopter
4. Adoption Agreement is signed, Change of Ownership form is completed, and Adoption Fee is paid in cash (unless pick up is occurring another day, then a direct deposit can be arranged). This usually happens at the same time as the Meet and Greet if the potential adopter wishes, though this is dependent on how the Meet and Greet goes. A cat carrier is required to ensure cats/kittens get to their new home safely.
5. Adoption Pack is mailed after the 14 day trial period
Our fact sheets on caring for your new cat/kitten are online;
* Cat Care: http://melbourneanimalrescue.org.au/index.php/adoption/fact-sheets/fact-sheet-cat-care
* Kitten Proofing Your Home: http://melbourneanimalrescue.org.au/index.php/adoption/fact-sheets/fact-sheet-kitten-proofing-your-home
* Introducing a New Cat to Your Home: http://melbourneanimalrescue.org.au/index.php/adoption/fact-sheets/fact-sheet-introducing-a-new-cat-to-your-home
* Indoor Cat vs. Outdoor Cat: http://melbourneanimalrescue.org.au/index.php/adoption/fact-sheets/fact-sheet-indoor-cat-vs-outdoor-cat
Sophia (Puss)’s details
- 3 years 1 month
- Adoption Fee:
- Microchip Number:
- Rescue Group:
- Melbourne Animal Rescue
- Send enquiry email