Not available for interstate adoption
Looking for love
Large Female Staghound Mix
- Rescue group:
- Melbourne Animal Rescue
- PetRescue ID:
What a supermodel of a dog!
Stella is such a stunning beautiful hound cross with such a sweet nature.
Stella loves to snuggle on the couch, to have zoomies in the yard, playtime with toys and to follow you around giving you puppy dog eyes all day :)
Stella has basic training and is very eager to please and with guidance and consistency she will excel at formal training. She's a bit of a smarty pants, what a combo, looks and brains!
Stella is great with kids and has lived mainly with pre school age children. She adores snuggling up to her kiddie pals to read story books or watch tv (paw patrol is her favourite!). Stella is quite a tall girl and can get excited at play time, so perhaps older kids she can't knock over would probably be best. Kids that would love to run around the yard and go for walks with her would suit Stella well but in general Stella loves everyone regardless of age or size.
Stella has lived with dogs all her life and she very much needs a friend to keep her company when her humans are out. A friend who will play with her with toys and keep her entertained would be amazing! Stella particularly likes dogs smaller than her, whippets are her absolute favourite. She has lived with a wide variety of dogs of all shapes, sizes and breeds and is a wonderfully social girl.
Stella would love someone who would take her walking or to the dog park every day, she is generally great on lead and could easily learn to be a jogging buddy. In true hound fashion, she has bouts of energy and then of course she loooooves to take over your couch and snoooze the day away :) Stella would prefer to live with a family that isn't away for long periods of time throughout the day, but with enough toys and exercise to keep her occupied she should be fine.
Stella has lived with cats before and quite likes them, she has only met the cats inside the house though and these cats are very used to living with a range of dogs so are quite confident and non flighty. She has had limited experience with other small animals but in general has a very low prey drive
Stella is listed as a Staghound x and we aren't sure of her breeding other than that. She does resemble a small fine boned greyhound and although tall she is not heavy set. She has legs to the stars and could rival Elle Mcpherson on that front ;) She also resembles a very large whippet! It's hard to say what she is crossed with, but she has a gloriously soft coat, hound style body and cute little almost terrier style face! Her photos do not do her justice, she really is a stunner with her glowing tiger stripes, and any hound lover will be head over heels for her!
To reiterate -
* great with dogs
* great with cats
* great with kids
* great in the car
* basic obedience
* would prefer another dog as company
* needs secure fences
If you would like to adopt Stella please fill in an adoption application with as much detail as possible and information about your existing dog
Stella is a healthy happy girl :)
Remember if you would like to apply please fill in an application form -
DOG ADOPTION PROCESS:
1. Application Form completed -
Including any questions you have and as much information about your lifestyle and existing pets as possible.
2. Melbourne Animal Rescue Inc. reviews and contacts SUCCESSFUL applicants within approx 3-5 days
3. Meet and Greet and yard check with the dog/puppy is arranged at a convenient time for both the MAR representative/foster carer and potential adopter, including introductions to existing animals and all members of the potential home. If there are no issues, the dog/puppy is potentially able to stay at the home for a two week trial period once Adoption Agreement is signed and Adoption Fee is paid (refundable within the 2 week trial period if the adoption is not successful)
4. All relevant paperwork and medical information including desexing certificates, vaccinations certificates and microchip change of ownership form are supplied after the 2 week trial period.