Not available for interstate adoption
Looking for love
Female Domestic Medium Hair
- Rescue group:
- Melbourne Animal Rescue
- PetRescue ID:
Mikasa is a beautiful little lady, an inquisitive soul with lots of personality once she is comfortable expressing herself. She had a rough start to life as she was found as a stray kitten living in a factory, and though she has come a long way she is still quite shy - though we feel in the right home she will be able to grow even more confident! Once she feels at home, she enjoys following you around the house to keep you company, ear and chin scratches and cuddle time!
Mikasa is most suited to a quiet, mature home that can provide her with lots of love and understanding to help her come out of her shell. She would do best as an only cat, though a single kitty friend would also be okay.
Mikasa is currently in foster care in Nunawading, is litter trained and eating well.
To meet Mijkasa, please complete our application form; http://www.melbourneanimalrescue.org.au/index.php/adoption/cats/cat-adoption-application
Desexed, vaccinated, microchipped, flea/worm treated, vet checked and FIV/FeLV tested - negative
CAT ADOPTION PROCESS:
1. Application Form to be completed ( http://www.melbourneanimalrescue.org.au/index.php/adoption/cats/cat-adoption-application ), including any questions you have
2. Melbourne Animal Rescue Inc. reviews and contacts SUCCESSFUL applicants within approx 3 days
3. Meet and Greet with the cat/kitten in it's foster home is arranged at a convenient time for both the foster carer and potential adopter
4. Adoption Agreement is signed, Change of Ownership form is completed, and Adoption Fee is paid in cash (unless pick up is occurring another day, then a direct deposit can be arranged). This usually happens at the same time as the Meet and Greet if the potential adopter wishes, though this is dependent on how the Meet and Greet goes. A cat carrier is required to ensure cats/kittens get to their new home safely.
5. Adoption Pack is mailed after the 14 day trial period
Our fact sheets on caring for your new cat/kitten are online;
* Cat Care: http://melbourneanimalrescue.org.au/index.php/adoption/fact-sheets/fact-sheet-cat-care
* Kitten Proofing Your Home: http://melbourneanimalrescue.org.au/index.php/adoption/fact-sheets/fact-sheet-kitten-proofing-your-home
* Introducing a New Cat to Your Home: http://melbourneanimalrescue.org.au/index.php/adoption/fact-sheets/fact-sheet-introducing-a-new-cat-to-your-home
* Indoor Cat vs. Outdoor Cat: http://melbourneanimalrescue.org.au/index.php/adoption/fact-sheets/fact-sheet-indoor-cat-vs-outdoor-cat