Rescue Group:Melbourne Animal Rescue
Female Domestic Short Hair
Located in Victoria
Not available for interstate adoption
While Mary was a bit shyer and more serious than her siblings, as she's gotten older, her confidence has blossomed and she's a lot more outgoing than she was as a kitten. Mary loves having a play with her toys and is generally curious about the world; her foster family having noted that she loves watching what her people are doing on the computer (the mouse pointer and YouTube videos interest her!). She also will sit next to you on the couch and watch TV! And if the family is eating dinner, she wants to be part of things, too... she's all about food, fun, and family.
While she doesn't mind being picked up, she LOVES cuddling with her foster family on their beds, and is very good at rolling around and looking cute, and purring contentedly when she gets cuddles with her people! Mary loves human attention and playtimes, and is a vocal little girl, chatting away to her people, and getting VERY talkative when she wants her dinner! She loves snuggling up with her foster family (and seems to have a preference for men!) and gets along with older children.
Mary is a petite girl, and likes playing with other petite and friendly cats, though can get a bit annoyed with bigger and more boisterous cats. She didn't mind one of the other friendly cats in her previous foster home, and avoided from the "scary" boisterous cats in the household. She loves people though, and either a sole or with-friendly cats situation would suit her. Mary has grown up with a large (sometimes boisterous) dog in her foster household, whom she isn't overly concerned about.
Mary is litterbox trained and a good eater.
Mary is in foster care in Richmond.
To meet this lovely girl, please click this link for an application form; http://www.melbourneanimalrescue.org.au/index.php/adoption/cats/cat-adoption-application
CAT ADOPTION PROCESS:
1. Application Form to be completed ( http://www.melbourneanimalrescue.org.au/index.php/adoption/cats/cat-adoption-application ), including any questions you have
2. Melbourne Animal Rescue Inc. reviews and contacts SUCCESSFUL applicants within approx 3 days
3. Meet and Greet with the cat/kitten in it's foster home is arranged at a convenient time for both the foster carer and potential adopter
4. Adoption Agreement is signed, Change of Ownership form is completed, and Adoption Fee is paid in cash (unless pick up is occurring another day, then a direct deposit can be arranged). This usually happens at the same time as the Meet and Greet if the potential adopter wishes, though this is dependent on how the Meet and Greet goes. A cat carrier is required to ensure cats/kittens get to their new home safely.
5. Adoption Pack is mailed after the 14 day trial period
Our fact sheets on caring for your new cat/kitten are online;
* Cat Care: http://melbourneanimalrescue.org.au/index.php/adoption/fact-sheets/fact-sheet-cat-care
* Kitten Proofing Your Home: http://melbourneanimalrescue.org.au/index.php/adoption/fact-sheets/fact-sheet-kitten-proofing-your-home
* Introducing a New Cat to Your Home: http://melbourneanimalrescue.org.au/index.php/adoption/fact-sheets/fact-sheet-introducing-a-new-cat-to-your-home
* Indoor Cat vs. Outdoor Cat: http://melbourneanimalrescue.org.au/index.php/adoption/fact-sheets/fact-sheet-indoor-cat-vs-outdoor-cat
- 2 years 5 months
- Adoption Fee:
- Microchip Number:
- Rescue Group:
- Melbourne Animal Rescue
- Melbourne Animal Rescue Inc. Adoptions
- Send enquiry email