Not available for interstate adoption
Several Ferrets Needing Homes
Looking for love
- Rescue group:
- Victoria Ferret Society
- PetRescue ID:
We have a number of ferrets for adoption in varying age groups - male and females. If I have VACCINATED kits, they are $100, but you have to arrange de-sexing when they reach around 6 months - Currently we do not have any.
Desexed, VACCINATED and micro-chipped ferrets are Males $200 Females $230. Go to my listing at aussieferretcarer.com to see list of existing ferrets.
Ferrets have engaging personalities and a playful, fastidious nature. They are active animals. They are very gregarious and are usually happiest in groups of two or more. However if the human parent spend the necessary time with them single ferret ownership is fine. Some ferrets will not get along with other ferrets. If you have existing ferrets it is important that you have them meet.
Ferrets are extremely curious creatures and will investigate anything and everything. Before getting a ferret, research the animal: talk to people who own them and read a variety of books about them. Ferrets have many special needs which are not obvious to a first-time owner.
Should you decide to parent a ferret, be a responsible owner - protect your pet and yourself by getting a ferret, or any other pet, only from a rescue organization or a reputable breeder
Ferrets must be fed a high quality, dry ferret or kitten food 38%+ protein and low grain content. Dairy products, grains and breads, nuts, or similar items must be avoided. It is important that ferrets should be spayed or neutered before they reach sexual maturity.
De-scenting is not recommended. Females will succumb to aplastic anemia and die a most painful death if they are not spayed or if mating does not occur. You must have a knowledgeable vet when your ferret becomes seriously sick or injured
1. Adoption candidates make contact
2. We send out information pack and link to Facebook
3. If new to ferrets, they must visit and show that they have the necessary knowledge about ferrets and their requirements (Cage, Safety, Diet, etc).
4. If existing/past owner they still must visit, but bring along their ferret to ensure compatibility, etc.
5. People wanting "Entire" ferrets are turned away.
6. All adoptions have a 2-3 week return policy, no reason necessary. This is especially required for newbies, who are given the chance to own a ferret, but then find they are not the pet they expected.
7. Over 30 available for adoption (including pending adoptions) - Listed at aussieferretcarer.com