The new photo and video uploader is now live! Here’s the low-down on the latest features to hit the PetRescue website:
- You can now upload multiple photos and videos in one uploader, and keep updated on the loading progress thanks to the loader bar.
- Simply drag and drop photos and videos into the upload box, or click the ‘choose file’ button to select your photos/videos.
- You can edit your uploaded photos by clicking the edit button under the photo thumbnail on the edit listing page.
- In the photo editor pop up, you can drag your photo around to centre the square view window on your pet.
- There is also a zoom slider to zoom in or out of your photo, and a rotate button to rotate the photo clockwise.
- Once you have positioned your photo, simply click the save button to save your photo and close the popup. You should see your edit on the thumbnail right away and can edit the photo again whenever you want.
It’s all geared to handle the behind-the-scenes image processing required for 250+ pet searches a minute currently being performed on the PetRescue website. That’s 70GB of data a day!
If you do not manually edit your photos using the photo uploader editing tools, your photos will be cropped automatically, using some pretty super-dooper face detection technology.
This can work really well and save you valuable time, BUT please be aware that the face detection technology does pick up human faces better than animals. It’s worth considering this when choosing your photos, particularly the main profile photo.
Want some more tips to make sure your pet pics shine online? Check out these handy help articles:
You can find these and other useful articles in your Member Benefits.
If you have any questions, feedback or find any funny business going on, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.