The Brisbane City Council have recently contacted PetRescue to check on compliance with the local dog permits and laws. Now is a great time to remind all our members of the importance of complying with all laws and bylaws of your area.
With this in mind it would be useful to review your groups policies and procedures to make sure that you are able to answer the following questions and hold the appropriate permits. If you are unsure of what is required, please contact the Animal Management Compliance and Regulatory Services Brisbane Lifestyle I BRISBANE CITY COUNCIL
What is your standard practise is for proposed foster carers? eg:
- Upon submitting their applications to foster a dog what instructions do you provide for them as far as abiding by Council laws?
- Council only permits keeping 2 dogs on any property without a domestic dog permit and up to 4 dogs with a domestic dog permit. Are they advised of this before accepting a foster dog?
- Is it your practise for a potential foster carer to apply to Council for the required permit before taking on a foster dog if they have more than 2 dogs?
- Are they provided with a full history of the dog before accepting the responsibility?
- What instructions do you provide to a customer as to how to introduce the foster dog to its new environment?
- What instructions do you provide as far as registering the dog with Council?